NPC/Bots implementation in VCMP 0.4 Servers

Started by habi, Apr 01, 2022, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habi2

Quote from: PSL on Jul 26, 2024, 08:52 AMHi Habi,What is the current status of NPC plugin updates :)  :)  :)
The new npc can connect to windows server. I have fixed all version error, etc. New npc knows different messages send by server -join, death, etc.
I have found new vcmp client sends onfoot and onfoot-aim packets differently. Rest all(vehicle drive, passenger,..) is assumed to be same.
This foot sync packets have extra 9 float values 4 of them always zero, other in range -1 to 1. When player angle is special like 0, pi/2, pi etc, some become exactly equal to 1 while others are 0 or 0.3 etc.

Moreover, when the player shoots an extra vector apart from aimdir and aimpos is send. This extra vector close to aimdir and its magnitude is always 1.

Interesting, huh ?

vitovc

new vector is most likely point at center of screen (camera)
...::: vice city :::...
Useful things for vcmp: Relative position and finding an angle (in 3d), 3d line (like laser)

PSL

Hi Habi.
Thank you very much for your explanation.  I have understood the development situation you mentioned.  I am looking forward to receiving your plug-in as soon as possible.  I am looking forward to and excited about it!
Thanks again for your hard work and the development of this plugin!

StingRay_

Hi habi.
I was running server on linux and when I used ConnectNPCEx, it just came:
sh: 1: /home/fidlar/vcmp/test: not found
Nothing else, and the npc was not connected. I found the path above to my server was truncated (originally 'test server'), it seemed spaces could not be included in the path, and with spaces removed it turned out fine. Trivial though, could this one be fixed? Thanks a lot for your continuous efforts.
Btw it worked fine with windows version plugin.

habi2

Quote from: StingRay_ on Aug 18, 2024, 05:15 PMHi habi.
I was running server on linux and when I used ConnectNPCEx, it just came:
sh: 1: /home/fidlar/vcmp/test: not found
Sorry i have not seen your message.
I will take care of this issue in next build.