mysql_connect ; invalid no of arg of invalid argument type

Started by Ksna, Aug 06, 2015, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ksna

I have tried this using fuzzie account system as is but changed this one line

sqliteDB <- mysql_connect( "localhost", "root", "", "vcmp" );

Error:
mysql_connect  ; invalid no of arg or invalid argument type
password,username ,everything is same as default wamp/xamp , database and everything is working fine and the domain is localhost while installating wamp.

Thijn

Give your root user a password or add another user.

Ksna

i have changed root password to ksna without making other user and i get connection details are wrong. i have used other  hostings like hostinger mysql  same error (connection details are wrong).

Host database:
sqliteDB <- mysql_connect( "mysql.hostinger.in", "u839634666_vcm", "password", "u839634666_vcm" );i have not created tables, anyone can use it for testing

i haved checked connection details many times im sure nothing wrong in connection details

ThunderStorm

I guess this will not work for Hostinger (tried already)
Try adding 3306 as port in final argument.

Ksna

Thijn

What does this show:
print("Mysql error: " + mysql_errno());

Add that below the mysql_connect statement.
The plugin works fine for me on localhost or remote, so your details are probably wrong :P

MatheuS

I have already connected a mysql database using EasyPHP and it worked. ???
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Ksna

Thijn, It doesn't print anything
I guess the problem is with uac or may be i have 2 operating systems (7, 10) and 10 is primary and wamp has been installed to windows 10 drive from win 7 this has completely changed my mysql i will try hosting a wordpress and use easyphp

Thijn

Instead of localhost, try using 127.0.0.1. Might help, might not.

Ksna

Working now ;)  but hostinger mysql wont work... and this one too
sqliteDB <- mysql_connect( "mysql5.000webhost.com", "a6117057_dell", "dell123", "a6117057_dell" );

Thijn

Unless you paid for hostinger, they don't allow remote access to their mysql servers.