Previous topic - Next topic

NewK

IP: vc-mp.net:5196
Hosted by:  Sky-City Hosting
Number of players slots: 100
Scripts:  [ CTF v6.0 ] by NewK
IRC Channel:  #MK.CTF on LUnet
Server Forumhttp://ctf.vc-mp.net

This server intends to bring more diversity to VCMP's game modes, introducing a different game mode other than TDM and DM. It's not a new gamemode for anyone who has played multiplayer FPS games these last few years. The concept is the same, there are two teams, one must capture the enemy's flag and bring it to their team's base where there will be a drop-zone which will be a barrel pickup. When the time limit ends, the team with the most points will be the winner. You gain 15 points for each sucessful flag capture, and 1 point for each kill. You'll receive 5 aditional points for each 5 kill spree you make. Every time a round ends, the server will automatically teleport players to the lobby and start a new round on a new arena. You can see some of the available arenas here and all of the available weapon packs here. We also have few custom maps that can be played as arenas that were built by our staff team with various game models. If you have a new idea for a new arena/base feel free to make a suggestion here.

Useful links

- Staff team
- Support
- Webstats
- Server rules
- Server and IRC commands

F.A.Q.

Why can't I pick up the flag?
To pick up the flag you have to stay still on top of it for 3 seconds.

I have captured the flag but how do I drop it?
To drop the flag and score points for your team, you have to go back to your spawn where you will see a barrel, just go over it and the flag will be dropped.

Why does the server keep killing me when I spawn?
If that happens, that means you're trying to spawn on a team that has too many players, spawn with a skin from the other team to balance the teams.

Why can't I spawn with the builder skin?
The builder skin is there only for testing purposes and building bases so you won't be able to spawn with it unless you have atleast level 4.

How can I change my weapons pack? I used the !pack command but it didn't work
You have to choose your weapon pack before the round starts with the command !pack <id>. If you see a loading bar on the bottom right of your screen, that means the server is waiting for you to choose your weapons pack, if you don't choose any, you will be given the default weapon pack. You can use the !packs command to see what each pack contains. If the round has already started you can use the !changepack command once.

Sometimes my character starts jumping/floating, is this a bug?
When that happens, that means you've hit the world boundaries limits set by the server for that specific arena, every fighting location has different boundaries in different places, this was done on purpose so that players don't leave the fighting territory, it's not a bug.

Sebastian

One of the best servers I have ever played on.

FinchDon

Best Server Ever btw Good Work Nilz & Nexus
For any help and support Join #s-s at IRC for Help in Scripting
( For Newbies )

KAKAN

Yup no doubt!! One of the best servers!!
oh no

NewK

A few updates:

16/08/15

> Flags now reward 15 points instead of 10

17/05/15

> Sniper ammo has been increased and has now 100 bullets instead of 50

30/08/15

> Use of first person aim is no longer allowed with all the weapons until the exploit with fps view is fixed. As a result of this issue, weapon  pack 4 (Rocket Launcher) and 6 ( Sniper ) are now disabled.

Klaus

On a CTF gamemode, why are points awarded for kills?

NewK

Quote from: Klaus on Aug 30, 2015, 08:55 PMOn a CTF gamemode, why are points awarded for kills?
That's a good question and we've been recently discussing about this alot. It was why we raised the flag points from 10 to 15 actually. There's 2 reasons why we've chosen to award points for kills.

First one is that alot of the times none of the teams are capable of capturing a single flag. There's bases where it's just too hard to capture the flag. And if players choose to camp near their flag, then it's even harder. So it would just result in alot of ties and alot of camping near the flags. This way we atleast get some action and force people to fight.

Second reason has more to do with the VC:MP community itself. Bringing a new gamemode to VC:MP is hard. I'm not talking about scripting the gamemode or having a new idea for a server. I'm talking about getting people to actually play on your server. Getting people interested is the hardest thing to do. You can even have a new gamemode with all the cool stuff and new ideas, new features, etc... it just doesn't matter because 80% of this community just wants TDM. So in order for the gamemode to be relevant in VC:MP, in order for the gamemode to be relevant in our TDM infested community, we need to have some sort of TDM involved. Even the concept of "capturing flags" was hard for vcmp players to grasp ( you'd think something so simple would not be an issue ) but I shit you not, there's still like 40% of our playerbase that has yet to understand how to capture a flag, despite being told countless times they have to stand still for 3 seconds. So I guess you could say our CTF gamemode is not the traditional CTF gamemode like in most games, but that was never the goal to be honest. It's more of a CTF gamemode adapted to VC:MP, and unfortunately if there's not some sort of TDM aspect tied to it, no one will care.

Sorry if that sounded a bit hostile, I tend to rant sometimes ;D

NewK

With the arrival of autumn, holidays and a new year. MK's CTF staff team would like to invite you and introduce you to the 'Capture The Flag: Team Tournament'. CTF:TT is a team tournament based on the popular capture the flag gamemode, which consists of 5-player teams that will compete to prove which one is the best in the server. The teams will choose 3 of their favorite arenas to fight in each match and will face off against their opponents in the arenas of their choice, in a total of 6 rounds, 3 arenas for each side. It is not mandatory for all team members to belong to the same clan or for all members to be in a clan, clanless players are welcome too!

This being a team tournament, the main concept of the event is for players to be able to gather up 5 friends and jump straight into the action. You can participate as a clan or just as a group of friends. Team up with 5 friends, give a name to your team, and come join the fun!

Rules
List of Arenas
Team application are now open!

More information

Stormeus

With Wilson's A/D server becoming official, I'm pleased to announce that MK CTF is also being marked as official for its unique CTF gamemode and for being a hub for competitive play as well.

NewK

That's great. It's been 5 years since we first launched this server, it's nice to see some recognition. We thank you for the trust put into us. Very much appreciated :)

NewK

Capture The Flag v5.0 Public Beta

On behalf of the CTF server staff team, we would like to invite everyone to the public beta test of the new version of the of the script. CTF 5.0 is brand new version that's been in development for the past 5 months and has finally reached beta status. It's been rewritten from scratch in Java and has tons of new features.  And a new look too! The purpose of this public beta test is to identify unknown bugs with the script. Since we just reached beta, there will be bugs and there will be some missing features, but overall the main features are there, and much much more! Come join in on the fun! Server IP and additional information can be found here

DizzasTeR

Hey @NewK, visited the beta one, awesome designs! Although I faced a problem, I joined the server, finished the download, now I was at the login gui until I pressed LCTRL and bam, I spawned. Afterwards before I could type my password to register, the window got replaced with packs one and pressing on packs just displayed me the message "You will start with pack x next round and thus preventing me from registering or getting rid of the box.

Hope you'll work on it ;)

NewK

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Aug 10, 2016, 12:29 PMHey @NewK, visited the beta one, awesome designs! Although I faced a problem, I joined the server, finished the download, now I was at the login gui until I pressed LCTRL and bam, I spawned. Afterwards before I could type my password to register, the window got replaced with packs one and pressing on packs just displayed me the message "You will start with pack x next round and thus preventing me from registering or getting rid of the box.
Hope you'll work on it ;)
Ah, I see what you mean. A round was probably starting at the same moment you were registering. Thanks for reporting, will fix!

EK.IceFlake

This server is locked. Why is this server locked?

vito

Pakistan vs India war there.