With MySQL

Started by KAKAN, Aug 17, 2015, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thijn

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Aug 18, 2015, 04:39 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Aug 18, 2015, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Aug 18, 2015, 02:26 PMWhat do you expect SQLite to do when you don't have your so called "db" defined and you try to call it in QuerySQL... If you don't understand this then I guess its pointless to help onward.
He's talking about MySQL, not SQLite. And he's talking about an actual database, not the db variable that will hold the pointer.

If you don't know how to create a mysql database you're better off using SQLite.

I'm talking about SQLite because MySQL is almost same, so that's a stupid question that what will happen when there is no database at all...

Since he used SQLite before I'm trying to maake him realize that its not that different.
There's a big difference since SQLite will create the database if it doesn't exist and mysql will not. Which is why KAKAN is struggling.

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 18, 2015, 04:03 PMYus, idk how to create a MySQL database, and i want to learn it.
Where do you host your MySQL server. It should have something called PhpMyAdmin. Login using that, then create a new database and user.
I usually create an user, and select I want to create a database with the same name. That way you don't have to fiddle with permissions.

KAKAN

Okay, I'll try it
oh no

DizzasTeR

I was talking about the functions, but anyway, Kakan you have to setup things, create a user, setup database and then connect it. Seems hard, but it isn't.

KAKAN

Tried and it worked, Thanks @Thijn nd @Doom_Killer for ur help
oh no