[CLOSED] Temporary Free Host

Started by ., Aug 29, 2015, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have two VPSs that are sitting there doing nothing and I'd like to offer some people the chance of hosting their servers. Therefore, I will give some of you access to them with an account of your own that you can connect through SSH/SFTP and simply maintain your server.

I don't use these servers for anything important so it's fine by me to simply give you accounts to work with it. BUT, yes there's a but. Because more people use the same VPS, you'll have to chmod and chown your scripts so others can't access them. We can discuss this further.

The servers location is Amsterdam and they're hosted by DigitalOcean. They're not high spec so don't expect me to have too many accounts to give.

How to get one? Simply post here that you'd like to get one and then I'll send you a PM with the information. The problem is... that you cannot be a noob. I don't have time to babysit you on linux shell or any other kind of support in that category. I will however assist you in problem of other kind, such as issues with the server/plugins not working.

Requirements:

I will personally review your script and if it looks shitty and might lag the server for the other users then I'll deny your application or I'll simply ask you to fix your script.

You need to be a trusted member of this forum and I'd like other people to post here if you are not to be trusted. No need to complicate things.

Last but not least. You need to have decency. Why? Because you'll share the same host with other people and they won't like the fact that your script lags or that you're doing some other fishy things. I know how people like to abuse free things. That's why you'll find the applications to be quite severe.

How much will this offer last? Who knows. Could end this month could end the next month. I got them from someone else and they've been sitting there doing nothing for almost a year. I simply forgot about them. I'll let you know when it ends :D

VPS #1 is shared by:

• Kusanagi
  • Doom_Killer
  • Mashreq
  • Woodland

VPS #2 is shared by:

• Xmair
  • Debian
  • Decent_946
  • jayant

MatheuS

I found it very interesting.
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Thijn

Quote from: S.L.C on Aug 29, 2015, 03:12 PMThe problem is... that you cannot be a noob.
Good luck finding people on this forum that fit that description..

MacTavish

I need it to test my script :D

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

FinchDon

For any help and support Join #s-s at IRC for Help in Scripting
( For Newbies )

DizzasTeR

SLC, don't waste a single second to pm me the info now.

Quote from: Kusanagi on Aug 29, 2015, 03:58 PMI need it to test my script :D

Your account is coming right up. With the condition that your testing doesn't lag the host or any other malicious stuff.

Quote from: FinchDon on Aug 29, 2015, 04:06 PMI also need :D

No thank you. Do I need to explain?

MacTavish

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

FinchDon

For any help and support Join #s-s at IRC for Help in Scripting
( For Newbies )

@Kusanagi , @MatheuS , @Doom_Killer Make your fair use of the server and don't cause issues for others on the host. Stick to your assigned port and home folder and as long as you don't abuse the service you are free to use it.

I'll end the list for VPS #1 here until I see how things go. If anything else comes up I'll let you know.

KAKAN

Hmm, I want one, but the problem is I don't know much about Linux Shell, so i can't use, anyways Thanks for this. Hope all enjoys this.
Nice work, But i have bad luck ::(
oh no

One more thing I forgot to mention. I can help you guys to debug your scripts now. Since I have access and can easily run the server and view the code. That is, IF you have issues. With the code or launching the server successfully.

To avoid spamming with PMs or posts you can always find me @LUNet on channel #SLC in IRC.

soulshaker

Can I get an account too? :D

Murdock

Quote from: soulshaker on Aug 29, 2015, 11:08 PMCan I get an account too? :D

I can give you enough reason why not to give this guy one