List of bugs and suggestions

Started by Murdock, Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 16, 2016, 06:44 PM
Quote from: Murdock on Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AM
  • A player can still be killed after applying all immunity flags

I can't reproduce this one. The only scenario I can get something like this to happen is if the immunity flags are set, the player uses /kill and respawns without resetting the immunity flags, which is intended behavior.
This was fixed by maxorator a month ago on my request.

Whitie

Idea: Player animation ped.ifp and swimming script.

Kewun

Quote from: TheRouke on Aug 11, 2016, 08:36 PMIdea: Player animation ped.ifp and swimming script.

There is already swimming script in a server ( daydream rp i think )

rww

QuoteHaving chainsaws as custom weapons does not work, the weapon plays the chainsaw animation but behaves as baseball bat.

idk, but now, I tested with @Xenon, and all with custom chainsaw works good.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

rww

I found bug with MVL.. We can enter to custom BF Injection only from passenger seat side, and can't enter to passenger seat.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Eduardovich

Devs, are you OMG or what? Why I can't use math library of squirrel?
AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'math' does not exist]

jWeb

Quote from: Eduardovich on Jan 18, 2017, 11:32 PMDevs, are you OMG or what? Why I can't use math library of squirrel?

Because you haven't earned that privilege yet.

Thijn

Quote from: Eduardovich on Jan 18, 2017, 11:32 PMDevs, are you OMG or what? Why I can't use math library of squirrel?
Because you need to just use the functions provided by it. Of course there's a math library.

EK.IceFlake

The math library is very abstracted, which means that you could use all math functions without the 'Math.' prefix

KAKAN

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jan 19, 2017, 01:57 PMThe math library is very abstracted, which means that you could use all math functions without the 'Math.' prefix
off-topic: This makes the Squirrel in-efficient too :p
oh no

jWeb

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jan 19, 2017, 01:57 PMThe math library is very abstracted, which means that you could use all math functions without the 'Math.' prefix
Quote from: KAKAN on Jan 19, 2017, 05:04 PM
off-topic: This makes the Squirrel in-efficient too :p

Neither one of you are correct!

a) Please refresh you memory on what abstract means in programming or in general.
b) They're efficient because they don't have to push the root table on the stack, push a 'math' string to pop the math table on the stack, then push the function name on the stack then pop the function object from the math table and remove the math table from the stack and finally invoke the actual function. Basically having a man in the middle to slow things down.

math <- {
    abs = ::abs,
    acos = ::acos,
    asin = ::asin,
    atan = ::atan,
    atan2 = ::atan2,
    ceil = ::ceil,
    cos = ::cos,
    exp = ::exp,
    fabs = ::fabs,
    floor = ::floor,
    log = ::log,
    log10 = ::log10,
    pow = ::pow,
    rand = ::rand,
    sin = ::sin,
    sqrt = ::sqrt,
    srand = ::srand,
    tan = ::tan
}
// dummy code to allow the CPU to cache the program
for (local n = 0, x = 1; n < 10000000; ++n) {
    x = (n % (n / x)) + 1;
}
// benchmark scoped math functions
local time_1 = clock();
for (local n = 0; n < 10000000; ++n) {
    n = math.abs(n);
}
local end_1 = clock();
// benchmark global math functions
local time_2 = clock();
for (local n = 0; n < 10000000; ++n) {
    n = abs(n);
}
local end_2 = clock();
// output results
print("Scoped math functions: " + (end_1 - time_1));
print("Global math functions: " + (end_2 - time_2));

[SCRIPT]  Scoped math functions: 2.305
[SCRIPT]  Global math functions: 1.976

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Roman

Small suggestion: bind of TAB key for GUI::InputReturn

vito

Suggestions:
1) Let server to read interior ID of player to detect so-called "wallhack".
2) Clientside function to rotate 2d object
3) Clientside player.Angle (at least for read-only) its very useful for alot of things.
4) Clientside radar markers
5) Since we have a nice clientside gui is it possible to add option to hide native gui (radar, health, weapon, wanted level and so on)

Bugs:
1) Using custom radar disc with opening map in the pause menu make game crash after back to game.
2) Client's memory is not cleaning after reconnect and all unpacked /store/ files will be added to client's memory again and again up to overlimit of application after each reconnection

T800

I don't know, whether it's already suggested anywhere, but i think, implementing SSL support into the sockets plugin would be very useful, for example, when connecting to an IRC server via SSL, etc.