Free file upload for script-releases

Started by Thijn, Sep 18, 2015, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thijn

This is a free file upload service mainly for uploading script releases, snippets, or plugins.
File upload size will be max 10MB, and only files of type 7z, zip, rar or nut are allowed.

You're asked for an Nickname, which can theoretically be anything, but preferable use your forum nickname if you actually want to release something.
All files will automagically be sent to VirusTotal and be scanned for viruses.
Uploaded files get a fancy download image that you can use on the forum, which looks like this:

After a file upload you can copy paste a ready-to-use BBC, which will contain the clickable image.

Suggestions and bug reports are, as always, very much appreciated.

I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'm willing to try. If things go wrong and it gets abused I will pull the plug, remove the files, and I wont be trying it again.

Thijn

(I just noticed I accidentally locked this instead of pinning it. Derp.)

KAKAN

Make account system too, because I can even use Stormeus name to upload shitty scripts and post it here :D

Other than that NICE WORK!
oh no

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Thijn on Sep 18, 2015, 06:45 PMI'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'm willing to try. If things go wrong and it gets abused I will pull the plug, remove the files, and I wont be trying it again.

This, but as a matter of fact I won't like this facility to get removed because of some people here, maybe a way to get it more secure?

DizzasTeR

[BUG] The number of 'Downloads' increment twice for one download.

I found this bug while testing the link generated for download since I had a doubt but noticed that when I first downloaded it went to two, after my second download it became four.

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Sep 19, 2015, 09:59 AM[BUG] The number of 'Downloads' increment twice for one download.

I found this bug while testing the link generated for download since I had a doubt but noticed that when I first downloaded it went to two, after my second download it became four.

Maybe someone else downloaded that file in the meantime :-\

Thijn

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Sep 19, 2015, 07:35 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Sep 18, 2015, 06:45 PMI'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'm willing to try. If things go wrong and it gets abused I will pull the plug, remove the files, and I wont be trying it again.

This, but as a matter of fact I won't like this facility to get removed because of some people here, maybe a way to get it more secure?
I have been thinking about this, and I'm open to suggestions but at the moment I'm not sure how to handle this.

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Sep 19, 2015, 09:59 AM[BUG] The number of 'Downloads' increment twice for one download.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Edit: Changed a few lines and it seems to work now.

Thijn

Kinda big change.

To increase security, I've added a login/register system.
In order to register you'll have to follow a link that will get PMed to your forum account. This way it's more secure as to who uploaded what file.

There's probably still a few bugs in the system, along with the fact that you have to login each time you close your browser, but since this was made in a few hours that's to be expected.
Bug reports are welcome :)

EK.IceFlake

"automagically"
Are you sure? I don't see any magic.

Thijn

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Sep 21, 2015, 03:34 PM"automagically"
Are you sure? I don't see any magic.
Oh mate, there's plenty of magic involved. Plenty!

KAKAN

oh no

rulk

Any chance of adding the ability to overwrite an existing file ? if I try and upload a file with the same name ( because I've updated it ) , I get 'this file is already uploaded'

As writing this I'm not sure if it's a good idea, it might get abused. but it's an idea.
We are all god's children.

That's what version numbers are for. Right?

You could upload a file and associate it with another one. And when the user tries to download the old one it would be notified that there are newer ones. But still be able to download the old on if that's what he wants.

Thijn

You should be able to upload a file with the same name. Only the contents need to be different.
I'll see if I can find the time to give it an update and allow you to upload newer versions.

PunkNoodle

Excuse me for the bump, but I'm not able to register. I never received any PM and if I try again I get "I've already sent an verification code that account."