Player.Gravity Vots all members

Started by HustoN, Dec 25, 2014, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gudio

These functions will not be included for players due to synchronization. They should be implemented in virtual worlds.

Nothing

Quote from: Gudio on Dec 28, 2014, 09:06 AMThese functions will not be included for players due to synchronization. They should be implemented in virtual worlds.
Oh No Very Bad News Brother, But We Can Not Do Somethink for this

Quote from: [VPT]Rizwan on Dec 28, 2014, 10:02 AMOh No Very Bad News Brother, But We Can Not Do Somethink for this

As a programmer you have to be aware of how things work in development. The more you want something from one of the sides the further you get away from the others. What this means is that you cannot have them all at once. Judging by the amount of time and resources the developers have I'd say stability is the preferable corner rather than trying to maintain a gazillion of features useless to a single developer at once.

Thijn

You could still set the gravity in the uniqueworld of the player, I guess.

Nothing

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 28, 2014, 10:44 AM
Quote from: [VPT]Rizwan on Dec 28, 2014, 10:02 AMOh No Very Bad News Brother, But We Can Not Do Somethink for this

As a programmer you have to be aware of how things work in development. The more you want something from one of the sides the further you get away from the others. What this means is that you cannot have them all at once. Judging by the amount of time and resources the developers have I'd say stability is the preferable corner rather than trying to maintain a gazillion of features useless to a single developer at once.

Ok Thanks

Nothing

Quote from: Thijn on Dec 28, 2014, 10:47 AMYou could still set the gravity in the uniqueworld of the player, I guess.
Thanks Thijn.
I hope it will done like you are thinking

ThunderStorm

Quote from: Thijn on Dec 28, 2014, 10:47 AMYou could still set the gravity in the uniqueworld of the player, I guess.
Waat

Sebastian

Quote from: ThunderStorm on Dec 29, 2014, 08:17 AM
Waat

All what Thijn is trying to see is: If developers will implement the feature of setting gravity for worlds, it will still be possible to change the gravity of only one player, using the UniqueWorld.

I believe it will be like that, but would be better if the developers will set the function to not allow unique worlds.

Nothing

Quote from: sseebbyy on Dec 29, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote from: ThunderStorm on Dec 29, 2014, 08:17 AM
Waat

All what Thijn is trying to see is: If developers will implement the feature of setting gravity for worlds, it will still be possible to change the gravity of only one player, using the UniqueWorld.

I believe it will be like that, but would be better if the developers will set the function to not allow unique worlds.

Well, Everything is better

Fuzzie

Quote from: sseebbyy on Dec 29, 2014, 10:21 AMI believe it will be like that, but would be better if the developers will set the function to not allow unique worlds.
Quote from: Gudio on Dec 28, 2014, 09:06 AMThese functions will not be included for players due to synchronization. They should be implemented in virtual worlds.
Vice City itself was not made to give different entity, different gravity. For example, the cars in the player with a lower gravity will tend to float while the cars in a player with normal gravity will behave normal.

Stormeus

Just got back here on account of college applications, scholarship applications, schoolwork, etc. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I'd like to for VC:MP-related activity, so I'll be dropping in and out.

As far as this thread goes, I said before that Player.Gravity only even exists because of a sync hack in the old R2 Squirrel server by the LU devs, and I've been stringently opposed to adding it to 0.4 unless it can be properly synced (e.g. in worlds). If this is what the community wants, I'll add it once I find some spare time. However, I will provide absolutely no support for it, and if firefights, vehicle sync, or anything else goes wrong because of setting mixed player gravities in a world, that's on you for now.