Alternative Settings Script r1

Started by Fuzzie, Dec 27, 2014, 03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzie

Alternative Settings Script
revision 1

Don't like using the server.cfg and the squirrel .conf file? Here's an alternative for you! This script is a re-write of the Squirrel 0.3z server configuration file to a Squirrel script. Remember, this is just an alternative. The choice is up to you.

Installation is simple. All you need is the script which can be downloaded from the link below and the Squirrel Plugin. Then include this script in the callback onScriptLoad(). If everything is done right, it should work.

function onScriptLoad(){
dofile( "settings.nut" );
LoadSettings();
}

Happy Coding!

Download Link

Note: Several things can't be moved over to the script, eg: Port, so they have to be done in the server.cfg file.

You know there's a chance that Mediafire will remove that link if they desire so. Why not post the code here since it's so simple or maybe on Pastebin if you wish to keep the formatting.

Sebastian

MacTavish

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Fuzzie

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 27, 2014, 05:10 AMYou know there's a chance that Mediafire will remove that link if they desire so. Why not post the code here since it's so simple or maybe on Pastebin if you wish to keep the formatting.
I will take that into consideration but since my file that was uploaded in 2012 hasn't been removed, I don't think I'll make the switch quite soon.

MatheuS

if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.