VC:MP Launcher

Started by George, Feb 01, 2016, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luchgox

Edit: I tried both first i  put this another folder then its show that error after that then i put this in old vcmp browser its again showing same error.
Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

SunnY

Facing the same problem.

Edit: vcmp injector is in the same directory as well plus This VCMP launcher is too slow to gain informations from the servers but anyways good work.

You're probably missing the proper .NET framework. Depending with which one the project was compiled against. Looked promising but being faced with a login page and a registration page on startup sure took the fun out of it. What if I don't have an internet connection and want to experiment with the local server? Shouldn't this be optional?

George

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 03, 2016, 07:21 PMYou're probably missing the proper .NET framework. Depending with which one the project was compiled against. Looked promising but being faced with a login page and a registration page on startup sure took the fun out of it. What if I don't have an internet connection and want to experiment with the local server? Shouldn't this be optional?
That's why I will release a basic version of it, that doesn't require internet connection.

Quote from: SunnY on Feb 03, 2016, 07:15 PMFacing the same problem.

Edit: vcmp injector is in the same directory as well plus This VCMP launcher is too slow to gain informations from the servers but anyways good work.
You need at least version 4.5.1 of the .NET Framework.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779

If that doesn't helps, please show me the details.

George

For those who are getting problems, there's a new update, please download the launcher updated from the link in the first post.

rww

If this browser will be official, Windows XP users will have problems.

QuoteThe .NET Framework 4.5 is only supported on Windows Vista or later.

But I think, browser is nice...

Small suggest: Private messages with friends ;)
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Thijn

I do not like the fact it sends the password unencrypted/unhashed over a non https connection, along with your mac address.
Are passwords even properly hashed in your database?

Why is registering even needed? I don't see any function that would need an external party.

Quote from: rwwpl on Feb 03, 2016, 09:44 PMIf this browser will be official, Windows XP users will have problems.

QuoteThe .NET Framework 4.5 is only supported on Windows Vista or later.

But I think, browser is nice...

Small suggest: Private messages with friends ;)
A non working VC:MP client are the least of their concerns if they still run XP. They should be shot for using such an old dated OS.

George

I'm working on password's encryption in the application, but you need to know that the authentication is done by outside. And of course the passwords are encrypted in database.

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 03, 2016, 09:50 PMWhy is registering even needed? I don't see any function that would need an external party.
How you intends save your list of friends and associate with you? or your informations?

And also there's new features that are coming like this one.
Quote from: rwwpl on Feb 03, 2016, 09:44 PMSmall suggest: Private messages with friends ;)

Coolkid

Quote from: George on Feb 03, 2016, 08:05 PM
Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 03, 2016, 07:21 PMYou're probably missing the proper .NET framework. Depending with which one the project was compiled against. Looked promising but being faced with a login page and a registration page on startup sure took the fun out of it. What if I don't have an internet connection and want to experiment with the local server? Shouldn't this be optional?
That's why I will release a basic version of it, that doesn't require internet connection.

same error the microsoft thing u told is i ibegan to install it but my pc already has it latest version so i think the vcmp is not working

Drake

I am having problem activating the account because I got no email after completing the registration.
I have entered correct details because if I make another account with same email, it doesn't let me.

I've even checked the 'Spam' folder but didn't find there also.

George

Quote from: Coolkid on Feb 04, 2016, 02:02 AM
Quote from: George on Feb 03, 2016, 08:05 PM

same error the microsoft thing u told is i ibegan to install it but my pc already has it latest version so i think the vcmp is not working
Did you downloaded the latest update? If yes, please show me the details of the error.

Quote from: Drake on Feb 04, 2016, 03:14 AMI am having problem activating the account because I got no email after completing the registration.
I have entered correct details because if I make another account with same email, it doesn't let me.

I've even checked the 'Spam' folder but didn't find there also.

Weird... anyway your account is now activated.

Thijn

Quote from: George on Feb 03, 2016, 10:10 PMI'm working on password's encryption in the application, but you need to know that the authentication is done by outside. And of course the passwords are encrypted in database.

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 03, 2016, 09:50 PMWhy is registering even needed? I don't see any function that would need an external party.
How you intends save your list of friends and associate with you? or your informations?

Quote from: rwwpl on Feb 03, 2016, 09:44 PMSmall suggest: Private messages with friends ;)
Just like any other browser: save it locally.
I personally don't see the point of stuff like PMs on a server browser, but there might be a few people who do.

Still doesn't answer my question why you'd need someone MAC address.

George

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 04, 2016, 07:15 AM
Quote from: George on Feb 03, 2016, 10:10 PMI'm working on password's encryption in the application, but you need to know that the authentication is done by outside. And of course the passwords are encrypted in database.

Say how exactly should be done, the search for friend, request system, accepting system, action system, all of this and more saving locally.
And about the MAC Address is to make the client's session safe.

For those who is getting this error, please download this: Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 DOWNLOAD x86(32 bit).

ysc3839

Quote from: George on Feb 04, 2016, 07:23 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Feb 04, 2016, 07:15 AM

Say how exactly should be done, the search for friend, request system, accepting system, action system, all of this and more saving locally.
And about the MAC Address is to make the client's session safe.

For those who is getting this error, please download this: Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 DOWNLOAD x86(32 bit).

You should compile the dll use static library. That it can work without the redistributable. Or you can use .NET to write it. So that it can built in the launcher.

Gulk

Havent tried it out yet, but do you think you could add joining and chatting in a server without starting the game? ;o

Looks nice, but wouldnt players be able to steal each others "name accounts?" by changing name