Could Not Start Process Help Me

Started by Rafay, Feb 12, 2016, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafay

HelP Me Guys :( When I Click On Any Server Im Getting This Message '' ERROR Could Not Start Process''
 Please hELP ME GUYS

Murdock

Do you have the path to the GTA VC executable set correctly under Tools->Settings?

MatheuS

Quote from: S.L.C on May 11, 2015, 10:08 AMI remember having this issue back in the days. What I used to do was, open my file explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address bar and then hit the enter key. Then scroll down to the VCMP folder and open it. After that I simply removed the 04beta folder that was inside it.

NOTE: If you're running the browser as admin then you'll find the 04beta folder inside [OS-DRIVE]:\ProgramData\VCMP instead. That's because you're no longer under your regular user. Remove them both, just in case.
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

ysc3839

Quote from: MatheuS on Feb 12, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote from: S.L.C on May 11, 2015, 10:08 AMI remember having this issue back in the days. What I used to do was, open my file explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address bar and then hit the enter key. Then scroll down to the VCMP folder and open it. After that I simply removed the 04beta folder that was inside it.

NOTE: If you're running the browser as admin then you'll find the 04beta folder inside [OS-DRIVE]:\ProgramData\VCMP instead. That's because you're no longer under your regular user. Remove them both, just in case.
This issue isn't about VCMP. It's about the VCMP browser.

Rafay

I Have Tried It But It Does Not Work. :( :( :( Missing VCMP :'( :'( :'(

Stormeus

The most likely reasons for you to get that particular error are:
  • VC:MP cannot find your Vice City EXE and your settings are wrong. Double-check the path you set.
  • The Vice City EXE is somehow corrupted and Windows doesn't recognize it as valid. Try loading single player. If that doesn't work, you need to reinstall VC.
  • VC:MP doesn't have permission to run the EXE (which shouldn't happen normally, but try running the browser as an admin anyway).