Deadcode?

Started by GangstaRas, Feb 23, 2016, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GangstaRas

Ok so Im presented with a report for a server to solve. The accused has random kicks that are not due to any scripting or person i.e. the server just says "Player has left the server (kicked)" no further reason presented. The accused is saying that this is a result of a server deadlock issue and is presented with the message "crashed with deadcode" or something to that effect. I have no console errors to present unfortunately. So Im just asking devs what are some possibilties you can think of to cause a deadcode/server deadlock in VCMP?

DizzasTeR

This has happened a few times lately on my server and players complain about the staff kicking them...

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 23, 2016, 01:25 PMThis has happened a few times lately on my server and players complain about the staff kicking them...
Because they don't know about it. It happens many times, usually if we get bad ping or bad FPS and a custom thing with it.
And also, sometimes your console would get spammed with a message. Which would look something like:-
Kicking player with ID 0, no such connection exists
oh no

DizzasTeR

Kicking player with ID 0, no such connection exists
This can be produced, try to minimize your game while you are connecting to a server, means you are ingame and having the message "Connecting to ip_here". You will see that you get that message on console.

Stormeus

A DEADCODE crash means that the player crashed due to the game doing something unexpected, like having a player ped in a car that doesn't exist. These are crashes that we force to take place to make it easier to figure out what causes them. If we didn't have them, the game would definitely crash later on, but with less useful debugging information.

DEADCODE is just an address we use to distinguish it from actual VC:MP or game crashes.

aXXo

I have noticed these kicks occurring frequently after the player.GiveWeapon() function is used.
It is my understanding that it happens due to the lagger's packet loss causing the anti-cheat feature to kick them.

KAKAN

Quote from: aXXo on Feb 23, 2016, 07:33 PMI have noticed these kicks occurring frequently after the player.GiveWeapon() function is used.
It is my understanding that it happens due to the lagger's packet loss causing the anti-cheat feature to kick them.
Try player.SetWeapon( int weapon, int ammo )
oh no

GangstaRas

Thank you all for the feedback, we've now since resolved the report thanks to this :)