Anti-DDOS!!!

Started by EK.IceFlake, Feb 26, 2016, 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Last year, I had the idea of an anti-DDOS network, with a firewall that detects ddos and... guess what... tells the network to ddos the ddoser! No, I'm not confusing DDOS with DOS and I know the difference. If you think this is a cool and awesome idea, let me know and I might just make it

Kirollos

Wat? That's even worse.

DDoS the DDoSer ? Don't you mean DDoSers? I thought you know the difference. But in order for a DDoS to be feared. It must have a greater power than the target network can handle. So... if the victim network is unable to handle the amount of parallel attacks. How can it attack back?

Let me put it this way. If an entire country punches you. How can you punch back an entire country to make a difference?

Trust me. Greater minds than you tried to tackle this issue. And they've only created temporary workarounds and painkillers.

Thijn

Stormeus

Even if you manage to figure that out, that just sounds like an incredible waste of bandwidth that could be used to just mitigate the attack.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 26, 2016, 11:31 AMDDoS the DDoSer ? Don't you mean DDoSers? I thought you know the difference. But in order for a DDoS to be feared. It must have a greater power than the target network can handle. So... if the victim network is unable to handle the amount of parallel attacks. How can it attack back?

Let me put it this way. If an entire country punches you. How can you punch back an entire country to make a difference?

Trust me. Greater minds than you tried to tackle this issue. And they've only created temporary workarounds and painkillers.
I was referring to the botnet. They DDOS only one server, and it notifies the entire network. The network gets the list of IPs and splits DDOS attacks to all of them evenly (like if there are 20 computers in botnet and 40 computers in anti-ddos network, 2 computers in anti ddos per botnet server to ddos. if they are equal then it'd be a DOS etc).
Let me put it this way, if an entire country punches you, you tell the United Nations and the entire UN punches them back.
I don't understand the concept behind mitigating a DDOS, can anyone explain to me?

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 27, 2016, 03:10 AMI don't understand the concept behind mitigating a DDOS, can anyone explain to me?

@S.L.C slaps @Google to explain it to him.

Fuzzie

And if they DDOS your DDOS machines. ::)

Thijn

This just makes you just a bad, and also not forget that it's illegal in some countries (Including mine).

KAKAN

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 27, 2016, 03:10 AMLet me put it this way, if an entire country punches you, you tell the United Nations and the entire UN punches them back.
You'll be dead at the same spot before you can get to UN lol. Think, a whole country( about 1 million people ) will punch you and you won't even die? If only 2 boxers will come and punch you, then you're going to find yourself at hospital with no sense. Think again, a whole country punching you at once? :D
oh no

@KAKAN it was just a figure of speech.

Thijn

Quote from: vito on Feb 27, 2016, 05:08 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 27, 2016, 03:56 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 27, 2016, 03:10 AMLet me put it this way, if an entire country punches you, you tell the United Nations and the entire UN punches them back.
You'll be dead at the same spot before you can get to UN lol. Think, a whole country( about 1 million people ) will punch you and you won't even die? If only 2 boxers will come and punch you, then you're going to find yourself at hospital with no sense. Think again, a whole country punching you at once? :D
The nuclear bomb is able to fix that disbalance. Just ban subnet.
You clearly dont know what a ddos is...

KAKAN

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 27, 2016, 04:11 PM@KAKAN it was just a figure of speech.
I know, and you know that this is off-topic board, So I was going off-topic to watch Crystal's reply upon it.
oh no