MasterList Problem

Started by Anik, Feb 28, 2016, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anik

I dont know is it only my issue or a VC:MP bug. Actually the problem is the masterlist is half empty. Many servers including mine are not in the masterlist. Some players also informed me that my server is not in masterlist. Here is a screenshot. . I refreshed the masterlist many time. I have also reopened the VCMP browser several times, but still the same issue.

DizzasTeR

Same here, its been a while that the server isn't showing up on masterlist, it keeps on saying that the announcement timed out and I've been using this port from quite a while now.

Anik

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 28, 2016, 11:11 AMSame here, its been a while that the server isn't showing up on masterlist, it keeps on saying that the announcement timed out and I've been using this port from quite a while now.
:/ I am also getting this message
Quoteannouncer: master.vc-mp.org timed out while trying to reach your server; are your ports forwarded?

KAKAN

Well, no, that's the cause of local query. VCMP Devs can't keep the thread alive for a long time. If you go to: master.vc-mp.ovh/servers
Then you can find your IP there. That's why George used Remote query.

And  I would also suggest you to use the UPnP plugin and ignore those announcer messages.
oh no

Anik

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 28, 2016, 01:05 PMAnd  I would also suggest you to use the UPnP plugin and ignore those announcer messages.
Well @KAKAN if We use that Plugin will the server appear in MAsterlist??

KAKAN

Quote from: [DS]Anik on Feb 28, 2016, 01:11 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 28, 2016, 01:05 PMAnd  I would also suggest you to use the UPnP plugin and ignore those announcer messages.
Yeah, but make sure upnp is enabled in your router and you use 32 bit of that plugin. For some reasons, the x64 build is crashing the server
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 28, 2016, 01:26 PM
Quote from: [DS]Anik on Feb 28, 2016, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but make sure upnp is enabled in your router and you use 32 bit of that plugin. For some reasons, the x64 build is crashing the server
What? I tested this plugin in Win8.1 and it works well.

Drake

I don't think so that it's the masterlist, at least I didn't got any problem with it yet.

The servers I have hosted always shows up in the masterlist.

ysc3839

Quote from: Drake on Feb 28, 2016, 04:36 PMI don't think so that it's the masterlist, at least I didn't got any problem with it yet.

Maybe because your server is in the whitelist.

Thijn

Quote from: ysc3839 on Feb 28, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quote from: Drake on Feb 28, 2016, 04:36 PMI don't think so that it's the masterlist, at least I didn't got any problem with it yet.

Maybe because your server is in the whitelist.
There's no whitelist. There's only a blacklist for some shady servers...

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 28, 2016, 06:56 PMThere's no whitelist. There's only a blacklist for some shady servers...

You liar. You told me that to pay you $ monthly otherwise you remove my server from the whitelist. So now you tell me I paid for nothing? How could you do this to me?

(if only SLC had a server)

Thijn

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 28, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Feb 28, 2016, 06:56 PMThere's no whitelist. There's only a blacklist for some shady servers...

You liar. You told me that to pay you $ monthly otherwise you remove my server from the whitelist. So now you tell me I paid for nothing? How could you do this to me?

DizzasTeR

@S.L.C you have a server literally :D

KAKAN

EDIT: Well, I was trying to make some TXDs and Sprites using Doom's editor. I didn't load the announce plugin, still then some players were able to join my server, without even getting announced to the masterlist. wtf was that?

Offtopic:
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 29, 2016, 01:34 AM@S.L.C you have a server literally :D
EG :P

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 28, 2016, 09:27 PM
Am I the only one who's seeing "GON" instead of "GONNA"?

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 28, 2016, 07:01 PMYou liar. You told me that to pay you $ monthly otherwise you remove my server from the whitelist. So now you tell me I paid for nothing? How could you do this to me?

He wanted money for his .ovh domain :D
oh no