Custom player skins?

Started by Marcell, Mar 05, 2016, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcell

It would be nice if we could put custom player models just like cars/weapons/maps. Other than more content on servers, it could be also useful for DM events since basically if you use custom skins for it (you can just import original skins as new ones too) you're making sure nobody is gonna alter his hitbox.

KAKAN

It was suggested before, and I think it's not necessary for now. We've access to 190 skins, isn't that enough?
oh no

Marcell

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 05, 2016, 02:36 PMIt was suggested before, and I think it's not necessary for now. We've access to 190 skins, isn't that enough?
so what? using your logic there was no need for adding new vehicles/weapons as well; nobody forces you to put custom skins on your server no?

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 05, 2016, 02:36 PMIt was suggested before, and I think it's not necessary for now. We've access to 190 skins, isn't that enough?
Dislike. :(

ysc3839

I think it's not difficult to support custom skin. I used to have a skin change CLEO. Just put your skins in a "skin.img" file and you can change in game. Not require modify gta3.img.

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 05, 2016, 05:41 PMI think it's not difficult to support custom skin. I used to have a skin change CLEO. Just put your skins in a "skin.img" file and you can change in game. Not require modify gta3.img.
That can be done to VCMP servers too? if so, give an example.
I know other way to do so, but it would work only for yo.

Quote from: Marcell on Mar 05, 2016, 05:32 PM
so what? using your logic there was no need for adding new vehicles/weapons as well; nobody forces you to put custom skins on your server no?
You're right. The developers have to study and work, they get less time to develop. So, they might fix the bugs first, then move for adding those things. That was the point of saying it. I was about to say that on the first post, but I saw that you're new to the forum and you might not know what's happening around. So, I didn't say it. Don't take it rudely, please!
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 05, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 05, 2016, 05:41 PMI think it's not difficult to support custom skin. I used to have a skin change CLEO. Just put your skins in a "skin.img" file and you can change in game. Not require modify gta3.img.
That can be done to VCMP servers too? if so, give an example.
I know other way to do so, but it would work only for yo.

Quote from: Marcell on Mar 05, 2016, 05:32 PM
You're right. The developers have to study and work, they get less time to develop. So, they might fix the bugs first, then move for adding those things. That was the point of saying it. I was about to say that on the first post, but I saw that you're new to the forum and you might not know what's happening around. So, I didn't say it. Don't take it rudely, please!
No possible to make it server side. It requires client support.
Since VC:MP is not open source. I hope one day I can be a developer to make contributions.