Crashing When Entering Any Server.

Started by Illuminati, Mar 07, 2016, 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illuminati

I've installed the new update, and ever since then Vice City keeps crashing once I get into any server. I've gone through a page full of servers and I've crashed on all of them. Please help!

jayant

Screenshot , operating system..Give more information.

KAKAN

Yeah, the new update has that problem, I had some XMLs which made me disconnect from my server in the new update while they were working in the old updates
oh no

DizzasTeR

Update doesn't have problems. You guys never open your eyes. The new update on finding any wrong definitions in XMLs throws an exception kicks the player so that it can be fixed.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 07, 2016, 09:05 AMUpdate doesn't have problems. You guys never open your eyes. The new update on finding any wrong definitions in XMLs throws an exception kicks the player so that it can be fixed.
So, how were they working in the old updates? This happens with some XMLs only, not all :P
And I just converted them to XML using Thijn's converter, and that happened
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 07, 2016, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Mar 07, 2016, 09:05 AMUpdate doesn't have problems. You guys never open your eyes. The new update on finding any wrong definitions in XMLs throws an exception kicks the player so that it can be fixed.
So, how were they working in the old updates?

The short answer is most probably that they didn't work but you didn't bother checking the debug logs to see what was wrong before the last update.

aXXo

/setconfig game_showdebug 1
Will show you the errors in your store folder that need to be fixed.

KAKAN

Quote from: aXXo on Mar 07, 2016, 06:52 PM/setconfig game_showdebug 1
Will show you the errors in your store folder that need to be fixed.
It kicks us before showing :D
oh no

Stormeus

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\debuglog.txt

maxorator

Quote from: Illuminati on Mar 07, 2016, 06:23 AMI've installed the new update, and ever since then Vice City keeps crashing once I get into any server. I've gone through a page full of servers and I've crashed on all of them. Please help!
This was an issue with Steam version, should be fixed now.