Making Sprites

Started by Mötley, Apr 23, 2016, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Did not know at all where to post this as this is not scripting, Rather than requesting guidance. The Topic says it all, How do I go about making sprites as I am no artist ( :P Yet )

I asked this question In LU but The website has be dead for a long time :o.

Any guidance would be helpful tools/programs etc.

:)

Cool

you dont need to make it just put in store jpg image

Mötley

I need to make sprites for what I am doing
Example: Lets say I want to make GUI sprites for LU and I need it for a fuel gauge. I have to make it.

Or custom Images showing the server name under that radar

Luis_Labarca

You can use photoshop
<Link removed; no wares allowed>

jayant

Something which will look interactive,responsive and a bit like what you want. (maybe)

KAKAN

Well, I'll suggest you to use Inkscape and GIMP :) only if you're new to photo editing/making. If you're old, then I would suggest you something professional like Corel draw or Adobe Photoshop
oh no

Mötley

I will look into this, Thank you!
I like that S.L.C^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html is another option. Although look for older versions that are still compatible with windows XP. And you might need the .NET framework 3.5 installed or something.

DizzasTeR

If you're planning to make custom GUIs and stuff then I'd suggest you to not waste your time. If you're planning to make a basic and stylish menu selector then its not that bad but a proper GUI with sprites and textdraws? I've tried it and it kills your whole server. Wait for the actualy GUI and client-side scripting functionalities.

EK.IceFlake

I know this is a very noob way, but I always use powerpoint for stuff like this. Its simple and powerful.

Mötley

The highest I would use this for is a fuel script i have worked on in LU, that is finally ready for gui spirit gauges(fuel gauge). Which is a pain in the arse trying to set the rotation correctly without the sprite moving around " Attempting to make it rotate normaly."

Anything else I would only go to the extent of logos, or image green is good vehicle health, orange. Then red. etc.

Anik

Use Photoshop. It has many more possibilities than other editors

KAKAN

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Apr 23, 2016, 06:25 PMThe highest I would use this for is a fuel script i have worked on in LU, that is finally ready for gui spirit gauges(fuel gauge). Which is a pain in the arse trying to set the rotation correctly without the sprite moving around " Attempting to make it rotate normaly."

Anything else I would only go to the extent of logos, or image green is good vehicle health, orange. Then red. etc.
Google this: Moifiki Coordinate finder. That's a pretty useful tool though :) ( Got it from @Mashreq )
oh no