Portland in VC-MP 0.4 test

Started by rww, Mar 25, 2016, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rww

Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Mötley

Do you plan to remove the entire GTA;VC map and do this to your entire server ?

Czy zamierzasz usunąć całą GTA; VC mapę i zrobić to do całego serwera?

rww

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 25, 2016, 05:46 PMDo you plan to remove the entire GTA;VC map and do this to your entire server ?

Czy zamierzasz usunąć całą GTA; VC mapę i zrobić to do całego serwera?

Please... Don't translate to polish here. I understand english good, worse is when I try write something.

Remove VC Map = use 4000x hide function? 5 years later, the same progress :D

Currently I put the map on height 600.0
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Quote from: rwwpl on Mar 25, 2016, 06:04 PMRemove VC Map = use 4000x hide function? 5 years later, the same progress :D

Let's not forget about XML nowadays.

@Stormeus Out of curiosity, how many objects could we possibly hide? And if I hide it, is the collision still there?

Stormeus

In theory you could hide the entire VC map, which should also, in theory, remove the collisions. There have been a couple of reported issues regarding LODs not being removed though.

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 25, 2016, 07:57 PMIn theory you could hide the entire VC map, which should also, in theory, remove the collisions. There have been a couple of reported issues regarding LODs not being removed though.

Thank you. I'm gonna troll with this idea tonight. Let's hope it doesn't crash :D

Mötley

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 25, 2016, 07:57 PMIn theory you could hide the entire VC map, which should also, in theory, remove the collisions. There have been a couple of reported issues regarding LODs not being removed though.

Which can be bypassed with rising the ground level and water level?, other than losing helicopter fly height seems pretty neat!

Sebastian

Some objects just cannot be hidden...
I reported that back in 2014, then @rwwpl reported it in 2015.

Btw, nice to see gta3 map. =)

I tried to build a utility to generate hide rules extracted directly from IPL files but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm guessing that some objects can't be removed. As other's have mentioned so far.

Finally :D Although it had to be done by script :(

KAKAN

Haha, nice work! Love that map :D GTA 3 :)
Just need some custom vehicles, and LU is back biches!
oh no

Gudio

I removed VC's map last year but bridges were visible. :(
* pokes @sseebbyy

I'm afraid it's not possible to implement the whole GTA 3 map due to custom objects limit.

Sebastian

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 26, 2016, 10:31 AMI removed VC's map last year but bridges were visible. :(

and not only the bridges

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 26, 2016, 10:31 AMI'm afraid it's not possible to implement the whole GTA 3 map due to custom objects limit.

Even if we would mix GTA3 map with VC objects, we will still not get the whole map.
If you guys ever imported GTA3 map and VC map into a map editor, you would see that VC objects are "more in one", like streets, building, etc. While GTA3 objects are one by one, especially when we talk about streets. (no more 5 streets in one object, like in VC, but 5 objects in GTA3)

I would provide some pics, but I'm home right now, while my laptop is at university's hostel.

EDIT Look at this list of objects of GTA3 map
http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Objects/GTA_III/General_Objects

This is what I was talking about.

Stormeus

In theory again, if you were to take GTA3's map and convert large chunks of it into single unified objects, you could probably get away with it.

Mötley

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 26, 2016, 01:06 PMIn theory again, if you were to take GTA3's map and convert large chunks of it into single unified objects, you could probably get away with it.
Correct!!. unfortunately in Gta 3 most of all the objects are solid mass objects compared to VC, so it wouldn't be that hard just time consuming.
If someone made a release I would guarantee server owners from LU would come to VC:MP as there is more possibilities in VC:MP as well as helicopters, and maybe implanting gta 3 helicopter textures