Needed A Perfect Class Selection Place [Serious!]

Started by RDXing_KR, Apr 04, 2016, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDXing_KR

Since i editing a server so i need a perfect class selection place
please no Fault should be in !

Coolkid

Quote from: RDXing_KR on Apr 04, 2016, 04:54 PMSince i editing a server so i need a perfect class selection place
please no Fault should be in !
Are you ordering us?????????????

the cost will be 20$ per line if you still are interested in getting the code ask in a right way

RDXing_KR

jayant

Its a bit hard to take the correct position for class selection,but you can do it taking player's position and play with values to get a good class selection screen

Thijn

You told us absolutely nothing about what you want. Go do it your self!
It's very easy to do. You just need 3 positions:
- The player position, which will be the position the skin will be standing at.
- The camera position, which is the location the camera is located at. You usually want this a bit in front of the player position.
- The camlook position, which is the position the camera is looking at. Usually this is either the player position, or something behind it.

Let's say the world only has 2 dimensions. You usually wind up with something like this:
 -----------------------------
| 0,0 | 1,0 | 2,0 | 3,0 | 4,0 |
| 0,1 | 1,1 | 2,1 | 3,1 | 4,1 |
| 0,2 | 1,2 | 2,2 | 3,2 | 4,2 |
| 0,3 | 1,3 | 2,3 | 3,3 | 4,3 |
| 0,4 | 1,4 | 2,4 | 3,4 | 4,4 |
 -----------------------------

Let's pick the center for the skin, X 2 & Y 2

The camera position would then be something like 2,3. And the lookat position 2,1.
If you want the camera to be sideways from the skin, you'd pick 3,3. And lookat 1,1.

Start off by writing a command that will print the player coordinates to the console. That should be easy, and only take 4 lines of code.
Then get your ass ingame and pick your location and pick those 3 positions.

@Thijn are you willing to make a bet that he won't be able notice the pattern in that table you just posted? ;D

MacTavish

An easy guide to the Sh** you want

else if(cmd =="mypos" )
{
MessagePlayer("Coords X = "+player.Pos.x+" Y = "+player.Pos.y+" Z = "+player.Pos.z,player);
print("Coords X = "+player.Pos.x+" Y = "+player.Pos.y+" Z = "+player.Pos.z);
}

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Thijn

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 04, 2016, 07:17 PM@Thijn are you willing to make a bet that he won't be able notice the pattern in that table you just posted? ;D
I should probably just stop trying in that case.