[ Browser Error ]Failed to rename new installation

Started by KAKAN, Apr 12, 2016, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Well, I'm not familiar with this error, and want urgent help. Does anybody had this issue and fixed it? If so, please tell me how!
What I have tried till now:
 - Run the browser as administrator.
 - Download the update from Thijn's website
 - Give WinRAR admin permissions as well as VCMP
 - Remove VCMP and reinstall it.
None of them has fixed the problem, yet.
oh no

SAzEe21

Yesturday i also face that error while downloading new updates it failed me many times but I got the solutions and now it works for me.

Go to your Vice City MultiPlayer folder and delete 04rel003_10 then re-install your browser then open it. It is easy..

Hope it will help you alot.. If you face that error again let me know.

KAKAN

Quote from: Zeeshan.Bhatti on Apr 12, 2016, 11:13 AMYesturday i also face that error while downloading new updates it failed me many times but I got the solutions and now it works for me.

Go to your Vice City MultiPlayer folder and delete 04rel003_10 then re-install your browser then open it. It is easy..

Still then, same problem exists. I tried removing all the 04rel003 folders too. The VCMP was working yesterday, dunno what happened today :(
oh no

Murdock

Same problem here, just keep reopening your browser, even if it takes 100 tries. Eventually the update succeeds (and you end up with 100 random named directories in your appdata)

BABA1

How do I get the issue fixed, I'm facing the same thing.

SAzEe21

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 12, 2016, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Zeeshan.Bhatti on Apr 12, 2016, 11:13 AMYesturday i also face that error while downloading new updates it failed me many times but I got the solutions and now it works for me.

Still then, same problem exists. I tried removing all the 04rel003 folders too. The VCMP was working yesterday, dunno what happened today :(

Dunno whats actual your problem. But my game was working after doing this.

KAKAN

Fixed. Hats off to @SLC for fixing the problem!
You can ask @BABA1 on how to do it, since I haven't seen it.
oh no

SomeoneRandom

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 12, 2016, 11:03 AMWell, I'm not familiar with this error, and want urgent help. Does anybody had this issue and fixed it? If so, please tell me how!
Go in ur vcmp folder while its downloading
New folder will come after error cimes. Do not click ok or close window it would have a name
Now change the folder name to that and click ok in error window. It will help  name would probably be 04_rel_003.

KAKAN

Quote from: Jagrit Vats on Apr 15, 2016, 08:20 AM
Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 12, 2016, 11:03 AMWell, I'm not familiar with this error, and want urgent help. Does anybody had this issue and fixed it? If so, please tell me how!
Go in ur vcmp folder while its downloading
New folder will come after error cimes. Do not click ok or close window it would have a name
Now change the folder name to that and click ok in error window. It will help  name would probably be 04_rel_003.
Wow! You haven't seen the new update :P I don't need to do stuff now, topic locked.
oh no