[ Meow ]Crash :D

Started by KAKAN, Apr 17, 2016, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

oh no

That's not a crash. The skybox wasn't drawn for some reason and since there was nothing to draw in that empty space, it was keeping the data from the previous frame buffer as if it wasn't cleared.

A crash implies that the application stopped working unexpectedly. That's more like a bug.

maxorator

I've seen this occasionally happen since forever. Since it happens so rarely (I haven't seen it more than a few times a year), it's not really easy to debug this.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on Apr 17, 2016, 02:48 PMThat's not a crash. The skybox wasn't drawn for some reason and since there was nothing to draw in that empty space, it was keeping the data from the previous frame buffer as if it wasn't cleared.

A crash implies that the application stopped working unexpectedly. That's more like a bug.
[offtopic]
Are you SLC?
Edit: Checked your posts, yes you are. I was hoping that a new guy came to vcmp and apparently knew everything about it.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Apr 17, 2016, 02:48 PMThat's not a crash. The skybox wasn't drawn for some reason and since there was nothing to draw in that empty space, it was keeping the data from the previous frame buffer as if it wasn't cleared.

I saw the chat log and posted it. And yes, the I was thinking to record more, but the VC crashed :D

Quote from: vito on Apr 17, 2016, 04:29 PMits problems with videocard. I had it in my old pc when i was child xD
Nah, my videocard is not that old :P
oh no

Sebastian

I used to get such a bug when using some enb series mod.
It was like this for few seconds, then everything was turning back to normal.
Pretty sure you can remake the bug, but the reasons won't be the same I suppose.

KAKAN

Quote from: sseebbyy on Apr 17, 2016, 06:47 PMI used to get such a bug when using some enb series mod.
I don't have ENB series mods though. You can see the chat, that crash thing popped up and this bug happened. I think it exists with the compatibility for Windows 10. It was working fine in 8.1 though.
oh no

You do know that Vice City is quite an old game. Probably older than many users here on this forum. Back when Vice City was released, Windows 98 was still popular. Just to get an idea. Vice City is built on DirectX 8 and we reached DirectX 12. We had 5 major operating systems since then (XP, Vista, 7, 8/1 and now 10). Nowadays, most driver vendors are focused on current games  and not on those from the age of dinosaurs. I don't see why anyone would be surprised about this graphical bug.

rww

But this bug I have only, when I paste d3d8.dll and neo folder from skygfx.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

EightyVice

Who remove the sky???☺

Tarkan

Try this upon joining a server

/setconfig game_streammem 512

KAKAN

Quote from: Tarkan on Apr 20, 2016, 02:27 PMTry this upon joining a server

/setconfig game_streammem 512
What will that do? Please don't try to troll me xd
That was a crash, if you read the chatlog, then you can see it :D
oh no

Tarkan

This will change your game stream memory to 512. Can be done in other ways by going in your %appdata% folder and finding the vcmp_config.txt file and changing the value to 512. I'm not guaranteeing this will solve anything but it is worth a shot.

KAKAN

Quote from: Tarkan on Apr 20, 2016, 06:32 PMThis will change your game stream memory to 512. Can be done in other ways by going in your %appdata% folder and finding the vcmp_config.txt file and changing the value to 512. I'm not guaranteeing this will solve anything but it is worth a shot.
It's already 1024 :D ( to what I remember )
But what it would do? stream memory for custom objects or what?
oh no