Major Server Update Released (April 25)

Started by maxorator, Apr 25, 2016, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzasTeR

The problem is fixed, client-sided scripts need to go at:

store/script/

This was found by Drake. Now a recommendation that you should compile your client scripts before using them on public server of yours in-order to avoid script stealing.

KAKAN

they need to update the plugin's SDK or API, whatever it is, to support the latest version. Though, I believe that @maxorator will do it.
oh no

Derwaish.

I have updated all plugins and server but it shows error

Milos

Thijn

@maxorator can you commit the changes necessary for the plugins to work again? I currently can't compile my IRC plugin.

Anik

Plugin error >> 'plugins/geoip04rel32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: geoip04rel32

Loaded plugin: xmlconf04rel32

Plugin error >> 'plugins/sqlite-win32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: sqlite-win32

Loaded plugin: squirrel04rel32

announcer: Verbosity enabled
Loaded plugin: announce04rel32

Plugin error >> 'plugins/HashLoader32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: HashLoader32

Loaded plugin: sqlite04rel32

Loaded plugin: sockets04rel32

Loaded plugin: mysql04rel32

AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'CreateSphere' does not exist]

CALLSTACK
*FUNCTION [onScriptLoad()] Main.nut line [171]

LOCALS
[this] TABLE
[WARNING] onScriptLoad failed to execute -- check the console for more details.
announcer: Thread created, ready to announce.
Plugin error >> 'plugins/ini04rel32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).

rww

Quote from: vito on Apr 26, 2016, 06:54 AMradar working in game menu

[spoiler][/spoiler]

but not in mini map

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Use radar section. Region for menu map and sectiot for radar disc.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

maxorator

Quote from: Anik on Apr 26, 2016, 06:57 AMPlugin error >> 'plugins/geoip04rel32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: geoip04rel32

Plugin error >> 'plugins/sqlite-win32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: sqlite-win32

Plugin error >> 'plugins/HashLoader32.dll' plugin is for incompatible API version 0.0 (current is 2.0).
Loaded plugin: HashLoader32
Any plugins that were not updated for this version will not work.

Quote from: Anik on Apr 26, 2016, 06:57 AMAN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'CreateSphere' does not exist]

Sphere functions were removed. You can create spheres with CreateCheckpoint. Check the 3rd reply to this topic which contains the changed function pattern.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 26, 2016, 03:32 AMThis was found by Drake. Now a recommendation that you should compile your client scripts before using them on public server of yours in-order to avoid script stealing.

You can't compile the scripts on an x64 server and then execute them on an x32 client. Squirrel fails at that. If you have an x32 server then you can compile the scripts and save the bytecode to a temporary file, then read the bytecode and stream it to the client where you can write it to a temporary file on the client and and execute the bytecode there. (read more)

Although that workaround should only work if the server is x32. And if the devs haven't disabled the IO from the standard library as a precaution.

Stormeus

Quote from: . on Apr 26, 2016, 08:42 AMAlthough that workaround should only work if the server is x32. And if the devs haven't disabled the IO from the standard library as a precaution.

We disabled the I/O and system libraries on the client side for obvious reasons. We still provide our own in-house version of dofile() that's limited to scripts in store/script/.

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 26, 2016, 08:43 AMWe disabled the I/O and system libraries on the client side for obvious reasons. We still provide our own in-house version of dofile() that's limited to scripts in store/script/.

I would've been disappointed if you hadn't done that :P.

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Derwaish.

@Stormeus
Quote from: RizwaN on Apr 26, 2016, 03:45 AMI have updated all plugins and server but it shows error

Stormeus

@RizwaN You can start by addressing the fact that all of your plugins are empty files.