Major Server Update Released (April 25)

Started by maxorator, Apr 25, 2016, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxorator

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 08, 2016, 12:05 PMIt's different from the VCMP.h in stormeus's 0.4 squirrel repo.
Indeed it uses a slightly outdated version. But the squirrel plugin doesn't use GetPluginExports anyway.

DizzasTeR

Can you please add all the events available server-side to the client-side because its becoming a pain in the ass to stream things for client which are on events like spawn etc. The whole callbacks which send/receive streams is getting f*ed up and looks ugly now. There aren't many callbacks either so I guess it won't be a big deal.

Murdock

I have added some custom vehicles to the 04rel004 server and named the 7z files as follows "v12040_t0_p1_yardielobo.7z", but the server keeps saying "[VEHICLEMODELS] Filename 'vehicles/v12040_t0_p1_mrdoge.7z' not in valid format for MVL vehicle file."

Sebastian

Quote from: Murdock on May 08, 2016, 01:48 PMI have added some custom vehicles to the 04rel004 server and named the 7z files as follows "v12040_t0_p1_yardielobo.7z", but the server keeps saying "[VEHICLEMODELS] Filename 'vehicles/v12040_t0_p1_mrdoge.7z' not in valid format for MVL vehicle file."

Don't use IDs different than 6400->6499. (yet)
They have been switched to 12000, but you still call them by old IDs. It's some trick done by maxorator, to not make us change all archives' names.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 08, 2016, 01:38 PMCan you please add all the events available server-side to the client-side because its becoming a pain in the ass to stream things for client which are on events like spawn etc. The whole callbacks which send/receive streams is getting f*ed up and looks ugly now. There aren't many callbacks either so I guess it won't be a big deal.
I said the same somewhere. Callbacks client-side would be a better idea ofc.
For ex: onVehicleMove. If we use it client-side, then the latency would not cause problems, but if we use it through streams, then what would be the difference between client-side scripting and server-side scripting if we make a speedometer( in this case )
oh no

maxorator

Quote from: KAKAN on May 08, 2016, 04:35 PM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 08, 2016, 01:38 PMCan you please add all the events available server-side to the client-side because its becoming a pain in the ass to stream things for client which are on events like spawn etc. The whole callbacks which send/receive streams is getting f*ed up and looks ugly now. There aren't many callbacks either so I guess it won't be a big deal.
For ex: onVehicleMove. If we use it client-side, then the latency would not cause problems, but if we use it through streams, then what would be the difference between client-side scripting and server-side scripting if we make a speedometer( in this case )
onVehicleMove actually makes no sense at all. It is highly unlikely that a vehicle doesn't move in a frame if a player is driving it. You'd get this callback every frame, so you might as well process it in every frame anyway.

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on May 08, 2016, 04:35 PM
You can make a speedometer by using my client timer. :)

ysc3839

Quote from: maxorator on May 08, 2016, 12:14 PM
Quote from: ysc3839 on May 08, 2016, 12:05 PMIt's different from the VCMP.h in stormeus's 0.4 squirrel repo.
Indeed it uses a slightly outdated version. But the squirrel plugin doesn't use GetPluginExports anyway.
Hope you can update other plugins' code soon!

ysc3839

That's something wrong in the client script document.
Function ReadString()
Return type: float
Reads a string from the stream.

Function WriteByte(value)
Parameter types: int. Return type: void
Writes a single byte to the stream.

Function WriteInt(value)
Parameter types: int. Return type: void
Writes an integer (4 bytes) to the stream.

Function WriteInt(value)
Parameter types: float. Return type: void
Writes a float (4 bytes) to the stream.

Function WriteInt(value)
Parameter types: string. Return type: void
Writes a string to the stream.

NewK

Is it possible for that Player::PlayerDeath(player) event to have a Killer parameter? That would be pretty useful :)

Also, a .Team property for the Player instance would be nice :D

DizzasTeR

I believe client-side scripting should have most of the functions and properties which are not based on shared instances. I can only imagine that this update came with small callbacks just because everyone furiously waited for GUIs, perhaps most of them will be available in the next update.

P.S: Please, please allow compiled client-scripts to be loaded.

Drake

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 26, 2016, 08:51 PMGeoIP linux builds are available at http://thijn.ovh/vcmp/builds/
I can't get the windows builds to work. The GeoLib is horrible. If someone else can get them working be my guest.
Modified SQMain.cpp
(Plugin header can be fetched from the first post)
@Thijn, your build of GeoIP for linux doesn't work.
Plugin error >> dlsym() 'plugins/geoip04rel64.so' failed: plugins/geoip04rel64.so: undefined symbol: VcmpPluginInit
Can you please fix it up?

Finch Real

Guys I am looking Forward for HashLoader64 Updated Plugin Where can i find it?
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

NicusorN5

Luis_Labarca

Hi where can I get all the plugins of this version in plugin.so
My server RP
IP: 51.222.28.159:8194