Server.exe Memory issues.

Started by Mötley, May 01, 2016, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

I have had this issue In both LU and VC:MP, I will receive a warning saying my virtual memory is running low after a decent amount of bug/script testing my servers.

I currently have 2.00 GB of virtual memory any suggestions?

Please do not crap on my specs this is a custom built PC that I have been wasting money on and had to go cheap in some areas as money went down hill

Any suggestions or what I should do would be liked or if its possible to fix this without updating anything?

I beleave the mobo Info is

EVGA-132-CK-NF79-B1-7R156-nForce-790i-Ultra-SLI-ATX-Intel-Socket-775

//Then some random specs
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer NVIDIA
System Model 132-CK-NF79
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz// QUAD CORE "4 cpu's technically"
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 3/15/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.50 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.94 GB
Page File Space 4.59 GB

Finally, someone learning the pain of not releasing memory. Dem SQL statements won't clean themselves.

But hold on. Who's giving this warning?

Could you please download Process Explorer and give us a print screen with all the running processes? So that we can see who's eating all the memory.

Mötley

Quote from: . on May 01, 2016, 10:01 PMFinally, someone learning the pain of not releasing memory. Dem SQL statements won't clean themselves.

But hold on. Who gives this warning?

Could you please download Process Explorer and give us a print screen with all the running processes? So that we can see who's eating all the memory.
This is not SQL related.

I am beginning to think either something is wrong in the registry or just how script data gets loaded to memory

LoL Well I will use this and if its embarrassing I wont upload. I will state if fixed.

Mötley

It Looks like I have some issues and a lot of work to do. Does not help I bought a IDE HDD goshh...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THANKS S.L.C

Once fixed do you think I should ever see this again?

Quote from: Mötley on May 01, 2016, 10:12 PMOnce fixed do you think I should ever see this again?

Dunno :-\

ysc3839

Quote from: . on May 01, 2016, 10:01 PMFinally, someone learning the pain of not releasing memory. Dem SQL statements won't clean themselves.

FreeSQLQuery is a bad thing. Many people usually forget to release the query.(Including me.) And one day it will use up the server's memory

Mötley

Quote from: . on May 01, 2016, 10:14 PM
Quote from: Mötley on May 01, 2016, 10:12 PMOnce fixed do you think I should ever see this again?

Dunno :-\

I have removed some driver updater programs etc and began defragmenting the HDD in safe mode.

I think it's time to backup soon and get an SSD to store my operating system( as well as update my OS to either Windows 7 or Windows 8 )
then update to a sata 1tb as well. That's the real fix.

Would doing so mess up my encrypted UID because there is going to possibly be issues, as I can have up to 6 HDD'S stock, Ten HDD'S Once I get a new battery pack and a new harness :o. So I plan on getting 5 1tb like i intended in the first place and the ssd to store the operating system like internded.

hopefully no UID issues @Stormeus What happens If I have One SSD for my OS and three to four 1tb's for holding pc data, Will this affect UID issues?

Edit

Defragmenting is still going on, almost all the files were fragmented, now almost everything is Contiguous and the pc is more clean and efficient.. I will update tomorrow and do a lot of script testing to see what happens next.

Thijn

I don't see what a hard drive has to do with virtual memory...
You still haven't told us what process it eating all the memory. And until then we can't really help you.

Gudio

Quote from: Thijn on May 02, 2016, 05:45 AMI don't see what a hard drive has to do with virtual memory...
:o?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 02, 2016, 12:15 AM

FreeSQLQuery is a bad thing. Many people usually forget to release the query.(Including me.) And one day it will use up the server's memory
Strange, I never forget

I remember I forgot Skype running in the background once and after some time I realized something was eating a lot of my memory. And when I looked, sure enough, Skype was eating 1GB+ and growing.

Mötley

I freaking always hated Skype. The only reason why I have it is due to the fact of certain scriptwriters that are impossible to contact.

Considering possibly removing as ever since I downloaded it has made my HDD work harder.

Anything else you see?

And thank you

Thijn

Quote from: Gudio on May 02, 2016, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Thijn on May 02, 2016, 05:45 AMI don't see what a hard drive has to do with virtual memory...
:o?
I could've been a bit more clearer. Filling up virtual memory, or just normal RAM for that matter, isn't due to a fragmented harddrive. It's because some program is eating all of it.
Sure, with a harddrive that's faulty or doesn't have enough free space left might also make that error, I find it unlikely that's the case here.

You have plenty of free memory left while not running the server. What happens when you do @Mötley ?

Mötley

Well Virtual Memory can get used when a HDD becomes fragmented. data goes every where, I can upload a link to this if liked.

I am busy at the moment but over time of script testing say I start the server.exe 30 Times in maybe 3 hours etc(lol). When time has passed is when I receive this message.

Could this have anything to do with scripts being stored in memory?" just a idea"