VCMP Hide and Seek

Started by ysc3839, Feb 21, 2015, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Haha, in the old forum there were many members that were talking like that ( I was the same, or worse ), so some of us just get used to understand them faster than others. :P

[AoD]NC used to tell me:   "No problem, non-english guys understand each-other".

BTW this can be solved by making the player invisible and creating an actual object that's just moved where the player goes. It's just a matter of updating a ton of things very frequently. But that should be a problem. If the object has collisions and starts to collide with the player then you could offset the object a bit. I can think of many ways to achieve this and neither of them is too hard or complicated to do.

Sebastian

The best thing would be if developers will add the function (already existing in VC, as I remember) that attaches an object (without colision ofc) to ped.
(off: for vehicles will also be great - tuning)

ysc3839

Quote from: sseebbyy on Feb 22, 2015, 08:19 PMThe best thing would be if developers will add the function (already existing in VC, as I remember) that attaches an object (without colision ofc) to ped.
I think is a great idea!

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: S.L.C on Feb 22, 2015, 08:13 PMBTW this can be solved by making the player invisible and creating an actual object that's just moved where the player goes. It's just a matter of updating a ton of things very frequently. But that should be a problem. If the object has collisions and starts to collide with the player then you could offset the object a bit. I can think of many ways to achieve this and neither of them is too hard or complicated to do.
What about the health/armor tag?

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Feb 23, 2015, 11:46 AMWhat about the health/armor tag?

The guy is supposed to be hidden, right? Then what's the point of hiding if you have those tags in plain sight. And you can listen to when the associated object is shoot and make the player visible again.

KelvinXmX

Hmmmmm,what a good idea.

ThunderStorm

Quote from: sseebbyy on Feb 22, 2015, 08:19 PMThe best thing would be if developers will add the function (already existing in VC, as I remember) that attaches an object (without colision ofc) to ped.
+100000000