Pickup to teleport to another server

Started by Coolkid, May 05, 2016, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 06, 2016, 10:50 AMBut I guess that making player type /allowredirect is pretty frustrating sometimes depending on the conditions when you are redirecting player and its possible that the case also includes no approach for a player to read chat. In these situations a redirect without prompt and also without any nick change should be available.
Suppose, a player loves LW server, and loves Impersonating. So, if he impersonates someone on 'a' server, then the owner can easily redirect him to other server to get him/her banned.
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: maxorator on May 06, 2016, 10:29 AMThe initial idea was to make the client ask the user for the password if OnIncomingConnection rejects the user, but this was never implemented.

Well, now that we have MGUI we probably could afford to add a prompt for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xmair

Quote from: KAKAN on May 06, 2016, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on May 06, 2016, 10:50 AMBut I guess that making player type /allowredirect is pretty frustrating sometimes depending on the conditions when you are redirecting player and its possible that the case also includes no approach for a player to read chat. In these situations a redirect without prompt and also without any nick change should be available.
Suppose, a player loves LW server, and loves Impersonating. So, if he impersonates someone on 'a' server, then the owner can easily redirect him to other server to get him/her banned.
Why is there even a nickname parameter then? ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ysc3839

Quote from: Xmair on May 06, 2016, 12:30 PM
Why is there even a nickname parameter then? ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
I hope the browser could inside the client. Like MTA:SA.

DizzasTeR

Dude please, you make no sense and you are not understanding me at all.

I said there won't be a prompt if I use the nickname parameter, what's so hard to understand? Keep the nickname parameter optional, if server owner uses nickname parameter then the player will be told that he is getting redirected to 'some' server with 'this' nick and use the command to confirm. If I just don't use nickname parameter, he will get redirected without prompt.

If someone is impersonating on my server and joins LW accidentally by redirect, its better since he will get banned for impersonating.

RW

Use player.Redirect! player.Redirect(ip, port, nickname, serverpass, userpass);

Quote from: [F.B.I]RW on May 08, 2016, 03:32 AMUse player.Redirect! player.Redirect(ip, port, nickname, serverpass, userpass);

You're so cool man. Thank god you came and showed them how to do it. None of these nabs could've figured otherwise. You saved the day.

Thijn

Quote from: [F.B.I]RW on May 08, 2016, 03:32 AMUse player.Redirect! player.Redirect(ip, port, nickname, serverpass, userpass);
If you'd actually read the topic before posting you'd know that's what they're using.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on May 06, 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote from: maxorator on May 06, 2016, 10:29 AMThe initial idea was to make the client ask the user for the password if OnIncomingConnection rejects the user, but this was never implemented.

Well, now that we have MGUI we probably could afford to add a prompt for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bumping this as a reminder. (PM me if this should be on a new topic rather than a bump)

Stormeus

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on May 25, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on May 06, 2016, 10:59 AM

Bumping this as a reminder. (PM me if this should be on a new topic rather than a bump)

Thanks for the reminder, I've logged it myself and I'll get to it once some other pending bugfixes and quality-of-life implementations are done.