Client won't start.

Started by darkMatter., May 06, 2016, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkMatter.

Whenever I try to start the client, is says something about MSVCR120.dll. I did what this topic says, but the problem persists.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64, if it helps.

KAKAN

Install Visual C++ 2015 package
oh no

darkMatter.

Done, but still getting the same error.

Kewun

Quote from: Maynard on May 06, 2016, 03:50 PMWhenever I try to start the client, is says something about MSVCR120.dll. I did what this topic says, but the problem persists.

download the dll, then put it where theres vcmp installation. it should fix the problem
you can find this dll in -- Link removed --

ysc3839

Quote from: Kewun on May 06, 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote from: Maynard on May 06, 2016, 03:50 PMWhenever I try to start the client, is says something about MSVCR120.dll. I did what this topic says, but the problem persists.

download the dll, then put it where theres vcmp installation. it should fix the problem
you can find this dll in -- Link removed --
You shouldn't download one dll. You should install the whole VC++2013 runtime.

Kewun

well, yeah it can be done by intalling 2013 runtime too, but i prefer installing single dlls :v

you choose the way

ysc3839

ysc3839

Quote from: Kewun on May 06, 2016, 05:27 PMwell, yeah it can be done by intalling 2013 runtime too, but i prefer installing single dlls :v

you choose the way
Single dll may cause unknown errors. I suggest you not to use it.

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 06, 2016, 05:29 PMSingle dll may cause unknown errors. I suggest you not to use it.

Yeah but why not troll the devs with f*ed up errors by weird DLLs obtained from suspicious sources. Where's the fun in googling for the runtime crap when I can google for DLL crap. Wtf is wrong with you ysc? You make no sense. Confusing everyone with your recommendation on what normal people usually do.

darkMatter.

Don't know what happened, but after a while of doing some random shit on my pc, the problem is now solved by itself, it seems. Thanks for all your help, anyway.

KAKAN

Quote from: Maynard on May 06, 2016, 05:43 PMDon't know what happened, but after a while of doing some random shit on my pc, the problem is now solved by itself, it seems. Thanks for all your help, anyway.
If you can post all the steps you did, then it would be pretty helpful for other users having this problem :)
oh no

Mötley

I have a feeling he experienced what I had with opengl issue. Two weeks later game works after not doing anything, Odd. "Doom 3 bfg" ,

So if he could explain that would be nice..