[SOLVED]Many pickup casues lag?

Started by KAKAN, May 13, 2016, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

No, what he means is that the server takes a lot of time if for example you write
'ping'
it will show up in the console a few seconds later
more info here http://vkserver.big-forum.net/t3561-customprop-bug-report#50642

Stormeus

Are you guys saying the server is lagging or the client?

EK.IceFlake

Its something to do with the network connection I guess, or processing the received packets. Its the client.

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 17, 2016, 05:04 PMAre you guys saying the server is lagging or the client?

I am not an expert, but it seems to be client lag. I assume the meaning of server lag is that everyone on the server experience the same lag and that isn't the case.

I tested this myself: I spawned about 50 pickups in a circle that is maybe 5-10 meter in radius. I then looked directly at the pickups, typed something in the chat and noticed that the delay was 5-10 seconds. My download rate was: 120 kbps and my streaming memory was completely full. When I asked other players (far way from the pickups) if they experienced any lag, the answer from everyone was no. I also tried doing the exact same thing with objects as well. The download rate was 12 kbps and the streaming memory usage was about the same as it was before I added the objects.

My internet connection speed is decent and my PC is also decent. My FPS remained at 60 FPS while looking at the pickups, decreased while I ran into them and I think my ping increased a little as well. Players with poor internet connection and a shitty computer seems to experience the same type of lag  (with delays up to 15 seconds in everything) if they are near 10-15 pickups with 1 to 3 other players.

Stormeus

@VK.Angel.OfDeath This is a lot of good, detailed information, I think I have a good idea where to start looking. Thanks.

ysc3839

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 17, 2016, 04:41 PMThis is a graph of CPU usage when in a server with 2,000 pickups in one place while running around and picking them up.

What's this software?

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jul 18, 2016, 01:09 AMWhat's this software?

Visual Studio. By the looks of it, >=2015 version.

Stormeus

The root cause for this issue's been fixed. Expect another server patch soon.

ysc3839

Quote from: . on Jul 18, 2016, 01:13 AM
Quote from: ysc3839 on Jul 18, 2016, 01:09 AMWhat's this software?

Visual Studio. By the looks of it, >=2015 version.
Where is it? I don't even know it. :o

Thijn

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 18, 2016, 01:18 AMThe root cause for this issue's been fixed. Expect another server patch soon.
oh no

Stormeus

MEGAMIND

Y in the world will someone will use 50 pickups...?????

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 18, 2016, 05:57 PMShould be resolved per http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=3333.msg24900#msg24900
As the problem is solved, I'll lock this topic.

Quote from: MEGAMIND on Jul 18, 2016, 07:38 PMY in the world will someone will use 50 pickups...?????
I'm going to use more than 500 pickups this time :p
oh no