Mötley

Okay so I got around to multi-language when I realized that symbols do not work

Example in Russian
ÂËÀÄÅËÅÖ

English
Owner
*I should be correct

The chat is clear. Nothing

Even with hotkeys of Alt+0189 which is ½ does not work in the chat in client side game-play.

I would like to request support as this is helpful in multi-language servers

VCMP is ASCII only. This topic was debated many times.

Mötley

Ahh.. Sad though means crappy language support,
I will just choose Spanish then as Russian is complicated without any symbols...

*Thanks S.L.C

vito

You can use "translit" for russian, try http://translit.net/
I can help you (via PM) with russian if you need.

Mötley

Quote from: vito on May 16, 2016, 08:27 PMYou can use "translit" for russian, try http://translit.net/
I can help you (via PM) with russian if you need.

EEK!!! This is better than the way I tried learning THANK YOU!

Kewun

why not installing chat font with cyryllic support?

i remember that way worked in liberty unleashed.

Anik

@ysc3839  is developing a plugin for that. He will release it soon. Keep Waiting.

ysc3839

Quote from: Anik on May 17, 2016, 08:08 AM@ysc3839  is developing a plugin for that. He will release it soon. Keep Waiting.
Yes. But currently it doesn't support multi-language input. It only can show multi-language characters in chat.

Brian

Why isn't vcmp supporting unicode anyway? Quite curious now as to why.

ysc3839

Quote from: Brian on May 21, 2016, 03:55 AMWhy isn't vcmp supporting unicode anyway? Quite curious now as to why.
Maybe developers don't have time.

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 21, 2016, 08:46 AM
Quote from: Brian on May 21, 2016, 03:55 AMWhy isn't vcmp supporting unicode anyway? Quite curious now as to why.
Maybe developers don't have time.
They don't want to do it, they're trying to fix the other bugs which are needed to fix( though they're not doing this too :P )
They may have this in their list, but, but with a low priority.
oh no

Stormeus

None of the above is really correct.

To draw text in VC:MP, we have to draw fonts onto a big bitmap containing every character in the character set we want to use. This allows us to draw text rather quickly. However, to use Unicode text, we'd have to load all Unicode characters into the bitmap, which would certainly exhaust memory all the time.

It's sort of a technical debt since not only do we have to change how we render text (while maintaining speed), we would also have to modify a ton of existing code to use Unicode, and would probably have to require plugin recompilation again.

Plus, I'm not sure Vice City itself even supports Unicode fully, so mixing game functions like Announce/GameMessage with a Unicode server and client would kinda suck. Plus we would certainly have to adopt a third-party library, or else we'd be stuck with a huge burden of determining what Unicode characters to disallow, and figuring out how to render stuff like RTL text, and even with a library this could get complicated.

ysc3839

Quote from: Stormeus on May 21, 2016, 01:09 PMNone of the above is really correct.

To draw text in VC:MP, we have to draw fonts onto a big bitmap containing every character in the character set we want to use. This allows us to draw text rather quickly. However, to use Unicode text, we'd have to load all Unicode characters into the bitmap, which would certainly exhaust memory all the time.

It's sort of a technical debt since not only do we have to change how we render text (while maintaining speed), we would also have to modify a ton of existing code to use Unicode, and would probably have to require plugin recompilation again.

Plus, I'm not sure Vice City itself even supports Unicode fully, so mixing game functions like Announce/GameMessage with a Unicode server and client would kinda suck. Plus we would certainly have to adopt a third-party library, or else we'd be stuck with a huge burden of determining what Unicode characters to disallow, and figuring out how to render stuff like RTL text, and even with a library this could get complicated.
I think you can see MTA:SA's draw text code. I remembered there are 2 method to draw. And you can use UTF-8, it's compatible ASCII.

PS: I really hope I can be a VC:MP developer, because I think I can make some contribute to VC:MP. Or make VC:MP open source.
There's lots of VC:MP players in China hope VC:MP can support multi-language input. So I made the plugin trying to support it. If I have the source code, maybe I can make it better.

vito

Quote from: ysc3839 on May 21, 2016, 01:22 PMOr make VC:MP open source.
LOL this is reason why you not developer of vc-mp

ysc3839