(suggestion)Server Ranking

Started by SomeoneRandom, Jun 01, 2016, 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeoneRandom

There could be a server ranking for all servers

NicusorN5

Thijn

vito

I hope it will not to be if you mean rate each server in the masterlest. Fuck this.

EightyVice

You mean a server that put rate for the others server according the players number or what do you mean?

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on Jun 01, 2016, 08:51 PMYou mean a server that put rate for the others server according the players number or what do you mean?

SomeoneRandom

A ranking which will rank the server on the basis of their sceipt

Stormeus

Quote from: Jagrit Vats on Jun 02, 2016, 01:12 AMA ranking which will rank the server on the basis of their sceipt

? ? ?

Drake

Hey Stormeus, can you take some time to read my PM? @Stormeus

EightyVice

Quote from: . on Jun 01, 2016, 08:56 PM
Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on Jun 01, 2016, 08:51 PMYou mean a server that put rate for the others server according the players number or what do you mean?

I never thought about it BTW Thank SLC

SomeoneRandom

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 02, 2016, 03:13 AM
Quote from: Jagrit Vats on Jun 02, 2016, 01:12 AMA ranking which will rank the server on the basis of their sceipt

? ? ?
ranking for all servers not some

Quote from: Jagrit Vats on Jun 02, 2016, 01:01 PMranking for all servers not some

But ranking on what to be precise?

On user voting? How would you do that and void cheating since votes might be anonymous. Something like this would be implemented in a browser like the one @George made since people have accounts and can vote only once. But still.

On the number of players? That's already in the browser as a sorting utility. However, it doesn't include player base over a certain time interval. However an old server with a sh!tty script could shadow a new server with a good script if you only take into account the player base from the past.

On user reviews? What qualifies someone to genuinely review a server? And not just be like "good server" if bribed by staff with some perks in game or "bad server" if but hurt from kick. But, someone that actually knows how to explore the server weaknesses and see how robust it is. Whether its safe to play on it and spends some time monitoring the staff bias towards certain players and how the used script behaves. And also how genuine the script is. Might as well just make a sub forum for this.

On server up-time? Latency? You can't take latency into account on behalf of people that play from all over the world.

On unique features? This would end up starting scandals everywhere for people trying to keep features from being copied as if they own them. Ignoring the fact that anyone could eventually come up with them sooner or later. Lots of but-hurt people here, you know.

On developer integrity/reputation? Will he leak my info? Will he maintain this server? Is he capable of creating a safe and lag-less script? etc.

On what actually are we supposed to rank these? But more importantly, where are we supposed to save this ranking since the master-list is very decentralized. Anyone can make a master-list. Which is something I appreciate the devs for thinking about.

You brought the idea. You're supposed to say how this system is supposed to work. And we contribute if necessary. At least that's what I'm expecting.

You don't go to NASA and be like. We should make the moon green. Get to it.

vito

Quote from: . on Jun 02, 2016, 01:16 PMOn unique features? This would end up starting scandals everywhere for people trying to keep features from being copied as if they own them. Ignoring the fact that anyone could eventually come up with them sooner or later. Lots of but-hurt people here, you know.
It's very bad for new developers actually, any idea published before you did it => not your idea, as in patents system. This very unfair. And ranking is corrupt by nature.

Quote from: vito on Jun 02, 2016, 01:33 PMThis very unfair. And ranking is corrupt by nature.

My thoughts exactly.

EightyVice

If we put a ranking for the servers , the server's owners will challenge for get the 5 stars specially the new servers developers maybe it make the players votes and give them some money in the game it's bad idea
That is my thoughts