Elite killerz official server

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jun 13, 2016, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Hello, folks!
I gladly present to you...
*BRACE FOR IMPACT*
...the Elite Killerz official server!
This server was founded in 2016 by EK.CrystalBlue and [EK]GhoSTT., and is now going to be released today!
Server information
Name: Elite Killerz official server
Gamemode: exts alpha
Developer: EK.CrystalBlue
Genre: Freeroam
IP: 164.132.200.179
Port: 2194
Host information
Hosting provider: OVH
Host location: France
Hosting type: Dedicated server
Host owner: [ExT-D]GhoSTT.
Host internet speed: 0.125 GBps (1 Gbps)
Forum
http://server.elitekillerz.net/
Hosted on: Namecheap
Software: xenForo
Server side language: PHP
Good luck!

Anik

The Forum Theme is just Coool!!! Good Lux!

Finch Real

Good Luck I will Help you finding Bugs
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Thijn

It's great you say what provider your vps is on, but at least mention the country it's hosted in (France) :P
Also
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jun 13, 2016, 10:53 AMHost internet speed: 0.125 GBps (1 Gbps)
Wat? So it's 125mbit. What does that have to do with 1gbit?

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2016, 04:16 PMIt's great you say what provider your vps is on, but at least mention the country it's hosted in (France) :P
Also
Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jun 13, 2016, 10:53 AMHost internet speed: 0.125 GBps (1 Gbps)
No, it's 1 Gigabit aka 125MegaBytes per second. Mark the capital 'B' in 0.125GBps

ontopic: Best of luck!
Another suggestion, why not use the fast and responsive NodeBB? Give it a try here
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 14, 2016, 07:26 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Jun 13, 2016, 04:16 PMIt's great you say what provider your vps is on, but at least mention the country it's hosted in (France) :P
Also
No, it's 1 Gigabit aka 125MegaBytes per second. Mark the capital 'B' in 0.125GBps

ontopic: Best of luck!
Another suggestion, why not use the fast and responsive NodeBB? Give it a try here
We <3 the Nerva theme :D
Added ;)

Thijn

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 14, 2016, 07:26 AM
Also
I've not seen anyone in the world ever mention their bandwidth using GBps. Bandwidth is measured in mbit or gbit.
Anyways, it's not really interesting to know. VC:MP wont ever fill that up :P

My money is on the fact that you host a nuked IPB script. Should I be a troll and complete this form and watch how your host provider takes you down like many others that did this? ;D

But then again, you're too small of a fly for anyone to give a phuk.

Although, I don't really understand why IPB. When you'll barely have several posts or people on a forum. Have you even looked at the resource usage when you visit a page on that forum? Mainly the CPU. Do you know how easy you make it for me to put your server down with lag? Especially if you host the game server on the same machine.

All I need is several people refreshing pages constantly and you'll be down before you even know it. So do your self a favor, and don't piss of clans. Especially the ones large in numbers.

Thijn

Quote from: . on Jun 14, 2016, 04:12 PMMy money is on the fact that you host a nuked IPB script. Should I be a troll and complete this form and watch how your host provider takes you down like many others that did this? ;D

Although, I don't really understand why IPB. When you'll barely have several posts or people on a forum. Have you even looked at the resource usage when you visit a page on that forum? Mainly the CPU. Do you know how easy you make it for me to put your server down with lag? Especially if you host the game server on the same machine.

All I need is several people refreshing pages constantly and you'll be down before you even know it. So do your self a favor, and don't piss of clans. Especially the ones large in numbers.
This is the result of a simple apache benchmark, with 10 concurrent connections. Took 2 seconds:

Looks like the forum is hosted on a simple namecheap hosting plan, not the VPS the gameserver is hosted on.

Still, pretty much proves your hosting plan combined with IPB can't handle a few concurrent connections...

Just for fun, compare your response time to serve 100 requests, and compare it to the viceunderdogs forum:

ViceUnderdogs.com
Concurrency Level:      1
Time taken for tests:   4.137 seconds
Complete requests:      100
Failed requests:        0
Total transferred:      5146685 bytes
HTML transferred:       5100385 bytes
Requests per second:    24.17 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request:       41.367 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       41.367 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          1214.98 [Kbytes/sec] received

ext-clan.com
Time taken for tests:   130.790 seconds
Total transferred:      6891900 bytes
HTML transferred:       6849700 bytes
Requests per second:    0.76 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request:       1307.904 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       1307.904 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          51.46 [Kbytes/sec] received

See the problem? :P

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on Jun 14, 2016, 04:12 PMMy money is on the fact that you host a nuked IPB script. Should I be a troll and complete this form and watch how your host provider takes you down like many others that did this? ;D

Freedom, baby... And this aint not a cheap VPS, I bet we could handle 25 requests per second per forum with a few forums. The problem is in the webpanel, check my reply to Thijn
Quote from: Thijn on Jun 14, 2016, 04:23 PM

This is the result of a simple apache benchmark, with 10 concurrent connections. Took 2 seconds:

Looks like the forum is hosted on a simple namecheap hosting plan, not the VPS the gameserver is hosted on.

Still, pretty much proves your hosting plan combined with IPB can't handle a few concurrent connections...

Just for fun, compare your response time to serve 100 requests, and compare it to the viceunderdogs forum:

ViceUnderdogs.com
Time taken for tests:   4.137 seconds
Total transferred:      5146685 bytes
HTML transferred:       5100385 bytes
Requests per second:    24.17 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request:       41.367 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       41.367 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          1214.98 [Kbytes/sec] received

ext-clan.com
Time taken for tests:   130.790 seconds
Total transferred:      6891900 bytes
HTML transferred:       6849700 bytes
Requests per second:    0.76 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request:       1307.904 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       1307.904 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          51.46 [Kbytes/sec] received

See the problem? :P
This is ghosts fault for not using apaches built in virtual host and instead literally paying a subscription from an external webpanel provider. I'll try to do something about it.

EK.IceFlake

-Server is temporarily passworded for some reason (not my fault, I didn't do anything)

DizzasTeR

KAKAN

Use NodeJS, it uses 1 thread :) so it's better than Apache( yes, it has a built in http module )
oh no

WTF does Node.JS have to do here? Since we're probably dealing with a shared host and hosting forum scripts. Besides, multi-threading is the way to go to achieve performance in the web-hosting world. Didn't your mom teach you that?

I seriously hope that post was a joke and I simply got it wrong. Either way, we're going off-topic and it's not polite.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 15, 2016, 10:04 AMUse NodeJS, it uses 1 thread :) so it's better than Apache( yes, it has a built in http module )
I know -.- I gave you a webserver I made which uses http :/