[Suggestion]Bodies staying on the ground?

Started by Marcell, Jun 28, 2016, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcell

I realize currently a dead body is tied to a player and it's respawned as soon as the player is respawned, but how about a config option where we could make the dead body stay longer on the ground, in predefined seconds? it's really immersion breaking to do a huge carnage, heads being blown off everywhere etc yet the bodies disappear after a few seconds. Of course, player respawn could be delayed but thats a big price just for a visual feature.

Load a player skin into VCMP as an object and when the player dies, grab his exact position, rotation etc. and create and object with the exact skin type where that player should lay on the ground. Then, slowly fade out the object after the period of time you that want. Should give the illusion of a dead body on the ground.

If you want something like this very urgent. But I don't think the devs will enforce such a feature to server owners unless it can be toggled. People have different preferences when it comes to making servers.

Marcell

Quote from: . on Jun 28, 2016, 05:46 PMLoad a player skin into VCMP as an object and when the player dies, grab his exact position, rotation etc. and create and object with the exact skin type where that player should lay on the ground. Then, slowly fade out the object after the period of time you that want. Should give the illusion of a dead body on the ground.
But that would mean I'd have to port 100+ skins as objects, no? doable by just deleting the bones in 3dsmax.... but obviously not worth it. Oh well, I guess I'm the only bloodthirsty type annoyed by how quickly bodies fade away due to player respawn.

Murdock

Why not use SetWastedSettings?
You can pass a "corpseFadeDelay" as the 6th param described as "Time in milliseconds of how long the body should remain visible before fading away."