Which IRC client do you use on Android?

Started by ysc3839, Jun 28, 2016, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

Now I decided to join the LUNet. And I want to know which IRC client do you use on Android. Also I want to know can I see history message?

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 28, 2016, 07:30 PMAnd I want to know which IRC client do you use on Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androirc&hl=en

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 28, 2016, 07:30 PMAlso I want to know can I see history message?

You need a bouncer (such as znc). Basically, the bouncer is like an IRC client that you install on a server of your own (a dedicated machine, vps etc.) unless someone else did and gave you access to theirs. Then your IRC client connects to that bouncer. And your messages go through that bouncer before reaching the server and the same when you receive them. So even if you disconnect your client the bouncer will still be connected and act as your dedicated client. When you connect to it with your actual IRC client, the bouncer will have recorded everything that happened and you should receive the history of messages.

The following image illustrates what I'm trying to explain:

EightyVice

Thijn

AndroIRC is awesome.
About the history, apply for an bouncer by Drake if you want one for free.

[MLP]Rarity

I use Andchat It's really good and there is alot of bnc providers can't tell there name to avoid advertising but still as Stormeus said you can use Drake hosting.

ysc3839

I saw the AndroIRC. The GUI is much better than the last one (Atomic) I use. And it have Chinese translation. :)

ysc3839

Also I want to know when do you usually talk in IRC? It seems that nobody online.

EightyVice

i use it to talk in any server that support irc when i am not on my oc or out the home :)

EK.IceFlake

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 29, 2016, 06:15 AMAlso I want to know when do you usually talk in IRC? It seems that nobody online.
#SLC
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 29, 2016, 09:09 AM
Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 29, 2016, 06:15 AMAlso I want to know when do you usually talk in IRC? It seems that nobody online.
#SLC
Do you mean an IRC channel?

EightyVice

vito

I use smartphone for real life only, no any irc clients there.

KAKAN

Quote from: vito on Jun 29, 2016, 10:22 AMI use smartphone for real life only, no any irc clients there.
me too, but I got some Social networking apps :v
oh no

vito

Most of people in Russia even don't know about irc, we're using viber/skype/vkontakte(it's like facebook). I use irc only for vc-mp world.