3 servers, LU, SAMP, VCMP [Discussion]

Started by Mötley, May 25, 2016, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Okay I had this idea of running a server someday that every multiplayer is connected off of the same file/saving system etc,.
Now I am curious as to how I would set this up,. If it was a local connection I would like to think I could put the server.exe's in the same server folder and run their directory to there own scripts and share the same save/ban system.

Has anyone adventured to this, I think it sounds interesting to take the time to create replica scripts.

KAKAN

Use the same file/database. I would prefer MySQL.
oh no

Mötley

Is the questioning method I asked correct with server.exe's?

I will consider mysql when I see examples.

KAKAN

Quote from: Mötley on May 25, 2016, 12:36 PMIs the questioning method I asked correct with server.exe's?
Sorry, I think I didn't get you, What did you mean actually?
Though, you can still use INI.
Probably, giving the full path works.
For ex: instead of WriteIni("Something.ini"
You can use: WriteIni("Path\To\Something.INI");
But that can cause strange problems.
:edit: Okay, about the exe's you were talking about, yes, they would work, but you need to be careful.
oh no

Mötley

What are the dangers that you are capable of listing? I would guess data/cpu usage, also notice some exe issues when running GGM [Gta 3 MP] and LU at the same time.

Thijn

The problem with sharing databases based on files is file corruption. What happens when server 1 opens the file, changes something, and while saving it server 2 opens the file as well. You'd probably lose server 1's changes, or a totally empty file gets written, or something else that isn't good.

So the best bet is using a storage system that uses locking. Such as mysql.

Mötley

I am actually beginning to start working on this project again.

For now I am going to use SQ-Lite for testing purposes as this will be a local host.

The intension is to make players bounce from SAMP to LU, From LU to VCMP etc.
The main goal is LU and adding RPG features there "Where the big buck money missions will be"
After doing so maybe it will land a bigger community not even within my server. I really do not want to fool with SAMP unless it turns out interesting, If so then yes as There is a bigger player bases there,.

Topic Locked to prevent Spam until further notice