Obtaining Wiki Editorship

Started by Stormeus, Mar 02, 2015, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

If you already posted a request for wiki editorship, note that I'd actually mixed up the wiki settings; read this post instead.

Any user registered on the wiki can become an editor, but a couple of measures are taken to counter spam. A reCAPTCHA is presented on the registration page; make sure scripts are enabled and not blocked in order to register an account on the wiki.

Email confirmation is also required in order to edit, or else you will receive this error:

If you did not specify an email address, you can still log into your wiki account, go to your preferences, and add an email address to receive an email confirmation.

If you haven't received such an email, make sure to check your spam folder first. Gmail will receive the email but may flag it as spam due to it being from an unfamiliar sender.

Marking the email as non-spam will allow you to receive future emails from our mail server, but note that we do not have any mailing lists and do not send unsolicited messages.

Live/Outlook may flag the email as spam or filter it and not send it to your inbox. Allow 10 minutes for the email to be sent; if you still have not received it and it is not in your spam folder, post here to have an account manually created for you with a temporary password, which will be messaged to you on this forum.

dracc

It would seem the reCAPTCHA is down.

Stormeus

Quote from: dracc on Jan 20, 2019, 09:13 AMIt would seem the reCAPTCHA is down.

Noted. It's going to be a couple of days before I can get around to fixing it.

Stormeus

Wiki CAPTCHAs should be fixed now.

dracc

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 26, 2019, 02:51 AMWiki CAPTCHAs should be fixed now.
I can confirm that it worked for me 10 minutes ago. Thank you!