Polski LCS-DM (Liberty City Stories) by LU-DM Team

Started by rww, Jul 28, 2016, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piterus

Attention!
I would like to inform this community that on masterlist appeared server with our Liberty City Stories map (it called Liberty Roleplay atm). This map (in which we put a lot of heart and work) was used without our permission by @Kewun (not first time anyway, he is known from similar excesses also from here and LU). All who support us and ours servers, please do not join on that stolen copy and developers: @Stormeus & @maxorator (if they care that situations) to block that server and all of his projects.

These are the only authorized by us servers:
[PL/EN] Polski Serwer LCS-DM 51.255.193.118:9999
[PL/EN] Polski Serwer VC-DM 51.255.193.118:9998

Thank you for your understanding and we ofc invite all to our servers!

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

vito

Did he copied your own or created LCS map his own, as you guys did?
If I will convert liberty city stories map I will be banned in masterlist too?
Draw the border please.

Quoteall of his projects
It's looks as rage.

jWeb

If you had made... no, let me rephrase that. If you had modeled that city from scratch and no one could acquire that city from another source other than your server then I would gladly agree that he stole your work. But as it stands, you stole that city yourself. From the official game. So who's to say that he's not allowed to convert the models from the official game as well. As @vito mentioned. There should be a limit to claims of stolen assets.

Unless you create that resource from scratch and there is no way for anyone else to acquire that same resource from anywhere else, you can't really claim it's yours. Different file format does not necessarily mean you own the file. Because you don't own the format either.

So you don't own the original source and you don't own the file format either. Practically, you're claiming to own public information available to anyone.

Find a way to mark your files that allows you to prove that he actually stole the files directly from your server and not wen't through the same process as you did.

If I remember correctly, the DFF file format should allow you to embed blobs of unknown binary data (called `extension` if I recall correctly). Which should allow you to mark your files by adding few bytes of data unique to your server. Just enough to produce a different hash than the ones resulted from the regular procedure of converting them.

Or the simpler approach. Modify a simple value, even if a single bit changes, it's enough to generate a different hash and prove that file came from you. Take a vertex a move just a tiny bit. like, from .00001 to .00002. Enough to change the file but not be visible.

Just small changes in the file to make them unique to your server. So that if he copies the files directly, then they'll have the same hash. So he can be accused of stealing not just converting files, like you did.

PS: Don't get me wrong. I hate people that steal resources too. But you can't call it stealing at this point.

rww

Quote from: vito on Jan 11, 2017, 06:02 AMDid he copied your own or created LCS map his own, as you guys did?
Draw the border please.

Quoteall of his projects
It's looks as rage.

We very good know Kewun from LU, so this isn't rage.

[spoiler]
This screenshot looks funny :D and yeah, maybe I stole "his" map :D

[/spoiler]
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

vito

Quote from: rww on Jan 11, 2017, 07:47 AMWe very good know Kewun from LU, so this isn't rage.
Even if he did stolen it from your server it's not a reason to ban all his projects. Keep mind cold.
This topic is interesting for me because I have few maps I want to protect too before publishing http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=4081.msg30186#msg30186
So let's see what masterlist admins says (if they are still alive)

Piterus

Quote from: vito on Jan 11, 2017, 06:02 AMDid he copied your own or created LCS map his own, as you guys did?

Really you don't see the difference between spending tens (if not hundreds) of hours over converting files and others things, and appropriating finished maps without writing a word about the creators? Even the file names are not changed lol.

I'm curious, what would you say if someone has used your map and said it was his. Of course, you have the right to defend him. I don't think so you knew him well and you know what he was doing around LU/VCMP.

I informed only the community what the situation is. I have nothing more to add. Each is made with that what would be considered appropriate.

vito

Quote from: Piterus on Jan 11, 2017, 11:33 AMReally you don't see the difference between spending tens (if not hundreds) of hours over converting files and others things, and appropriating finished maps without writing a word about the creators? Even the file names are not changed lol.

I'm curious, what would you say if someone has used your map and said it was his. Of course, you have the right to defend him. I don't think so you knew him well and you know what he was doing around LU/VCMP.
You're totally wrong if you think I am support him or any stealing from servers, try to read my post above.

Quote from: Piterus on Jan 11, 2017, 11:33 AMI informed only the community what the situation is. I have nothing more to add. Each is made with that what would be considered appropriate.
Not just informed, you also said "block that server and all of his projects."

vito

Quote from: Kewun on Jan 11, 2017, 02:59 PMNext time secure your server
It's impossible to secure static maps (xml), streaming objects (alot harder to steal map) is working shitty with player's camera and lags because of player's ping.
Anyway I hope this case will bring admins of masterlist to copyright problem.

Sebastian

There is something wrong with the server.
Some file.xml is bad coded, so players cannot join.

rww

soon update

(reuploaded in 2020)
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Piterus

kennedyarz

luchgox

Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

!

Discord: zeus#5155

Piterus

Refreshed

LCS server has new ip now: 178.32.116.43:9998

VC-DM still here: 51.255.193.118:9998

Enjoy the game! Soon now update!

https://youtu.be/h3pCHl-pZp0