[C++] Vice Racing

Kewun

Re: Vice Racing
« Reply #30, on August 28th, 2016, 09:18 AM »
You should create a race builder for some players who want create their own races. ( if you trust them? )

Shadow

• LU Beta Tester
« Reply #31, on August 28th, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Quote from Kewun on August 28th, 2016, 09:18 AM
You should create a race builder for some players who want create their own races. ( if you trust them? )
There is one already (which I use) but it's not the easiest thing to use, so I don't think it's a good idea.
« Reply #32, on August 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Changelog 28/08/2016 [18:46 PM local time]

• Implemented circuits and added a new map (might be familiar to others)
PS:is trash is ur home language??

PunkNoodle

« Reply #33, on August 29th, 2016, 12:33 AM »Last edited on August 29th, 2016, 12:35 AM
The server looks promising I had a go tonight with four races I think, still I'd like to see some features that aren't there yet but since the server is still being worked on I'm quite sure I'll see them implemented at a later time, whether I tell you them or not. As for bugs I noticed a few, some aren't even exactly bugs, well let's cut it short:

1. GUI, I can't see the number of total checkpoints anymore after the checkpoints I passed are more than nine, my resolution is 1600x900

2. Finish time, while the record time shown at the start seems correct, the displayed finishing time seems incorrect

I suppose I finished the first race in 1:40 minutes, not 1.40 seconds as it looks.

3. Trees, some of the vanilla map's trees are stuck in the highway, could you hide them?

4. [NOT BUG] Cars, I was racing against a player who had a different car, while the idea of having different cars might be nice, I didn't like that despite driving at full speed and at full fps, the guy was able to catch up with me due to having a car with an higher speed limit. If you check my speed, checkpoint and radar you'll see that I was always driving in a straight lane and my speed was always 210 km/h.

Shadow

• LU Beta Tester
« Reply #34, on August 29th, 2016, 01:08 AM »Last edited on August 29th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Quote from ...kneedl_ on August 29th, 2016, 12:33 AM

#1 is due to the relativity of resolutions, I'll work more on the formulas for that one then.
Fixed
#2 is related to the way the time is returned in linux. Will look into it. Fixed
#3 is due to how the map is made. I'll look into that aswell but it's probably last on my priority list
#4: Some races have mixed cars retrieved using GetHandlingValueData to level the playing field. Despite that, some cars are faster than others. I'll look into mixed car races and do more research on my own to provide better races.

Thanks for reporting those bugs! I'll start working on them tomorrow. Also, feel free to leave any suggestions here, I'm eager to hear them.
« Reply #35, on February 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM »Last edited on February 22nd, 2017, 09:24 PM
Decided to go open-source.

Feel free to use the source of this project. It is currently available at https://bitbucket.org/shadow6432/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4 . I won't have much time to develop it and make tracks for it so it's quite a giveaway for anyone who understands some C++.

This sadly marks the end of this project, or the indefinite postponement of it. This topic might be moved to community plugins section.
PS:is trash is ur home language??

Xmair

• Wiki Contributor
[C++] Re: Vice Racing
« Reply #36,  »
Quote from Shadow on February 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM

Feel free to use the source of this project. It is currently available at https://bitbucket.org/shadow6432/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4 . I won't have much time to develop it and make tracks for it so it's quite a giveaway for anyone who understands some C++.

This sadly marks the end of this project, or the indefinite postponement of it. This topic might be moved to community plugins section.
Hey, I know I'm bumping this topic but that link is dead, can you put life into it?
I convert minecraft worlds to VCMP, if you want your worlds to be converted, shoot me a PM! (Please note the paintings, flower pots, armour stands and custom skulls won't be converted within the model. Also big objects won't be converted)

MatheuS

• Wiki Contributor
  • LBR | Co-Leader & BRL and XS Evolution Developer
[C++] Re: Vice Racing
« Reply #37,  »
Quote from Xmair on February 22nd, 06:41 PM
Quote from Shadow on February 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM

Hey, I know I'm bumping this topic but that link is dead, can you put life into it?
bump!!!
Code: [Select]
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();

Xmair

• Wiki Contributor
I convert minecraft worlds to VCMP, if you want your worlds to be converted, shoot me a PM! (Please note the paintings, flower pots, armour stands and custom skulls won't be converted within the model. Also big objects won't be converted)

dracc