[C++] Vice Racing

Started by Shadow, Aug 23, 2016, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewun

You should create a race builder for some players who want create their own races. ( if you trust them? )

Shadow

Quote from: Kewun on Aug 28, 2016, 08:18 AMYou should create a race builder for some players who want create their own races. ( if you trust them? )

There is one already (which I use) but it's not the easiest thing to use, so I don't think it's a good idea.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Shadow

Changelog 28/08/2016 [18:46 PM local time]

• Implemented circuits and added a new map (might be familiar to others)

PunkNoodle

The server looks promising I had a go tonight with four races I think, still I'd like to see some features that aren't there yet but since the server is still being worked on I'm quite sure I'll see them implemented at a later time, whether I tell you them or not. As for bugs I noticed a few, some aren't even exactly bugs, well let's cut it short:

1. GUI, I can't see the number of total checkpoints anymore after the checkpoints I passed are more than nine, my resolution is 1600x900

2. Finish time, while the record time shown at the start seems correct, the displayed finishing time seems incorrect

I suppose I finished the first race in 1:40 minutes, not 1.40 seconds as it looks.

3. Trees, some of the vanilla map's trees are stuck in the highway, could you hide them?

4. [NOT BUG] Cars, I was racing against a player who had a different car, while the idea of having different cars might be nice, I didn't like that despite driving at full speed and at full fps, the guy was able to catch up with me due to having a car with an higher speed limit. If you check my speed, checkpoint and radar you'll see that I was always driving in a straight lane and my speed was always 210 km/h.

Shadow

Quote from: ...kneedl_ on Aug 28, 2016, 11:33 PM...

#1 is due to the relativity of resolutions, I'll work more on the formulas for that one then.
Fixed
#2 is related to the way the time is returned in linux. Will look into it. Fixed
#3 is due to how the map is made. I'll look into that aswell but it's probably last on my priority list
#4: Some races have mixed cars retrieved using GetHandlingValueData to level the playing field. Despite that, some cars are faster than others. I'll look into mixed car races and do more research on my own to provide better races.

Thanks for reporting those bugs! I'll start working on them tomorrow. Also, feel free to leave any suggestions here, I'm eager to hear them.

Shadow

Decided to go open-source.

Feel free to use the source of this project. It is currently available at https://bitbucket.org/shadow6432/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4 . I won't have much time to develop it and make tracks for it so it's quite a giveaway for anyone who understands some C++.

This sadly marks the end of this project, or the indefinite postponement of it. This topic might be moved to community plugins section.

Xmair

Quote from: Shadow on Feb 22, 2017, 09:22 PMDecided to go open-source.

Feel free to use the source of this project. It is currently available at https://bitbucket.org/shadow6432/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4 . I won't have much time to develop it and make tracks for it so it's quite a giveaway for anyone who understands some C++.

This sadly marks the end of this project, or the indefinite postponement of it. This topic might be moved to community plugins section.
Hey, I know I'm bumping this topic but that link is dead, can you put life into it?

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

MatheuS

Quote from: Xmair on Feb 22, 2019, 06:41 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Feb 22, 2017, 09:22 PMDecided to go open-source.

Hey, I know I'm bumping this topic but that link is dead, can you put life into it?

bump!!!
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Xmair

Shadow sent me the new link some time ago so I thought I'd share it here: https://bitbucket.org/DFR32/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4/

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

dracc

Quote from: Xmair on Mar 18, 2019, 01:33 PMShadow sent me the new link some time ago so I thought I'd share it here: https://bitbucket.org/DFR32/vc-mp-racing-server-module-0.4/
Thank you so very much!