Vice city on Linux?

Started by Goku, Oct 09, 2016, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goku

Hello guys, and well i m back after 1-2 years of interval! But i got a trouble. Is there any way that Vice city can be installed on Ubuntu linux? Well, as far as i remember, @Gudio is a linux user and I m using Ubuntu Linux Distro 16.04 LTS...
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

EK.IceFlake

Use WineHQ with D3D9 libraries installed.

Mötley

Make sure to set VCMP for

window mode 1.

And goto Configure wine, In the graphics setting you need to select Window mode,

Without this your game will never fit the monitor, You pc might restart etc

I'm on Zorin OS Ultimate, 64 bit with 32 bit emulation, universal

Goku

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Oct 09, 2016, 11:38 AMUse WineHQ with D3D9 libraries installed.
Thank you for your assistance!
Quote from: Mötley on Oct 09, 2016, 01:44 PMMake sure to set VCMP for

window mode 1.

And goto Configure wine, In the graphics setting you need to select Window mode,

Without this your game will never fit the monitor, You pc might restart etc

I'm on Zorin OS Ultimate, 64 bit with 32 bit emulation, universal
Thanks for the help! It will help me when i will on the game!
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

Goku

Guys, its not working! How did you guys are playing this? <URL>https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=127719</URL> According to forum members, gta vice city has been stopped working like 5 years ago! And i installed wine with d3d9 libraries....

Thijn

Quote from: Dangerous on Oct 10, 2016, 02:52 AMGuys, its not working! How did you guys are playing this? <URL>https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=127719</URL> According to forum members, gta vice city has been stopped working like 5 years ago! And i installed wine with d3d9 libraries....
You need to read better. His CD stopped working 5 years ago. VC will probably still work fine on Wine, but you'd need to put some effort into it.

KAKAN

Who uses Linux for DirectX games lol? Even with Wine, I wouldn't pickup Linux as a option for gaming.
If you love Linux, then, instead of removing it, you can do dual boot, so, you'll get 2 OS: Linux and Windows
Google for more.
oh no

Goku

Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 10, 2016, 06:28 AMWho uses Linux for DirectX games lol? Even with Wine, I wouldn't pickup Linux as a option for gaming.
If you love Linux, then, instead of removing it, you can do dual boot, so, you'll get 2 OS: Linux and Windows
Google for more.
Nice try Lol, this is kinda funny for me but i understand you don't know that i already dualbooted linux with windows! But i wanna use it instead of windows for these stuff... and I already have vcmp installed on my windows hard drive partition! :P But if i get tired of installing vice city on linux then i bet i will use windows for it.

Thijn

Quote from: Dangerous on Oct 10, 2016, 03:38 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 10, 2016, 06:28 AMWho uses Linux for DirectX games lol? Even with Wine, I wouldn't pickup Linux as a option for gaming.
Google for more.
Nice try Lol, this is kinda funny for me but i understand you don't know that i already dualbooted linux with windows! But i wanna use it instead of windows for these stuff... and I already have vcmp installed on my windows hard drive partition! :P But if i get tired of installing vice city on linux then i bet i will use windows for it.
If you already have a windows boot, why not use that. No matter what you do on linux, it will never work as well as on windows.

Mötley

You need to delete your gta.set file.

Make sure wine is working on story mode.

Ensure you go to your wine properties and select create a virtual desktop,

I have to play in a 600 ish windowed gamemode or wine lags directx gaming, to much cpu usage. Yet! I have a quad core "In other words I have 4 cpus".

Make sure to close everything except your game folder if you encounter lag restart your pc and try again. There is a limit to what you can do in wine with direct x

Goku

Quote from: Mötley on Oct 12, 2016, 01:56 AMYou need to delete your gta.set file.

Make sure wine is working on story mode.

Ensure you go to your wine properties and select create a virtual desktop,

I have to play in a 600 ish windowed gamemode or wine lags directx gaming, to much cpu usage. Yet! I have a quad core "In other words I have 4 cpus".

Make sure to close everything except your game folder if you encounter lag restart your pc and try again. There is a limit to what you can do in wine with direct x
Its already set to virtual desktop as you mentioned above and its not working and i know whats the meaning of core, Lol(I have quad core intel core i3 (mobile) 4005u 1.7 ghz(Not overclocked) chip on my laptop)! Anyways, i think @Thijn is right... and i can install virtual box in linux but that'd be stupid coz i already have windows on my PC! So, thank you everyone for suggestions...