[Suggestion] Increase CreateObject limit

Started by EK.IceFlake, Nov 12, 2016, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

I'll be needing to create a lot of objects in my server (>20,000), I request you to increase it, by 10x maybe. They can't be in a map file as they will be created|deleted while the server is runinng.

Thank you.

KAKAN

One question: What's the problem with removing the object limit at all? :p
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Nov 12, 2016, 12:41 PMOne question: What's the problem with removing the object limit at all? :p
Technical reasons :D
I'd like it removed but I think it would take quite a bit of effort to do that.

vito

I know it's hard but why not to make object management and removing not used objects? 50 players really need 3000 objects at one moment?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: vito on Nov 12, 2016, 04:41 PMI know it's hard but why not to make object management and removing not used objects? 50 players really need 3000 objects at one moment?
Well I'd like to think of theoretical maximums.
Lets say I make a maximum of 300 objects.
At one point 100 different players can be in 100 different properties.
300x100 = 30,000

Streamer... yeah, but it wouldn't be particularly easy to implement. Though if this suggestion wont get accepted I'll have to build one.

Sebastian

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 12, 2016, 07:08 PMStreamer... yeah, but it wouldn't be particularly easy to implement. Though if this suggestion wont get accepted I'll have to build one.

Don't be that lazy.
Anyway, maxorator once said, in the dev blog, that the limit can be increased only by streaming.

The one thing that makes this thing particularly hard to implement is the fact that it'll lag the actual f* out of your server when synchronizing all those objects.

Mainly because the server does not know whether or not you will ever modify any property of the objects. So it has to assume that you will do so, at any point.

I suppose they could have an option where you can tell the server whether or not the object that you're creating may be modified or not.

Basically, you tell the server that the object which you're about to create can be placed in a storage where it knows it'll never be modified again.

Anyway, it's one way of going with it. But I'm not sure how they've implemented objects so far and/or what the limitations are. So I can't speak of such thing.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 12, 2016, 08:55 PM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 12, 2016, 07:08 PMStreamer... yeah, but it wouldn't be particularly easy to implement. Though if this suggestion wont get accepted I'll have to build one.

Don't be that lazy.
Anyway, maxorator once said, in the dev blog, that the limit can be increased only by streaming.
I'm not being lazy, it'll be way more efficient with simply increasing the limit.

Sebastian

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 13, 2016, 11:55 AMI'm not being lazy, it'll be way more efficient with simply increasing the limit.

It is 3000 now. Did you ever think you will touch that limit ? (cause I didn't)
So if it will be increased to 10.000 , you will keep creating objects because you think you will never touch the limit. But BOOM! it will happen again.
So you gonna request another limit increase ?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 14, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 13, 2016, 11:55 AMI'm not being lazy, it'll be way more efficient with simply increasing the limit.

It is 3000 now. Did you ever think you will touch that limit ? (cause I didn't)
So if it will be increased to 10.000 , you will keep creating objects because you think you will never touch the limit. But BOOM! it will happen again.
So you gonna request another limit increase ?
Well I'm thinking of implementing a custom property system...
Custom property = you got a world to your own, add or delete objects and essentially do whatever you want.

Sebastian

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 14, 2016, 05:08 PMWell I'm thinking of implementing a custom property system...
Custom property = you got a world to your own, add or delete objects and essentially do whatever you want.

This was already implemented in Daydream Server, since ever.
(by streaming)

[spoiler=Here is my last decorated interior]

[/spoiler]

EK.IceFlake