Nutcracker IDE (Squirrel scripting Editor)

Started by ., Feb 26, 2015, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Might not be the best for VC:MP but it's definitely a great tool for those who want to debug pure Squirrel code. This can be found here but it's only the source and must be compiled manually to get binaries.

DizzasTeR

EK.IceFlake

Nice. This is inspiring me to make my own IDE.

RuiFig

Hi guys.
I'm the author of that project.
I only started putting that together a couple of days ago, by scavenging code from another ongoing project https://bitbucket.org/ruifig/g4devkit .

I'm afraid you can't even build it a the moment, since it needs another repository which is private.
I'll probably make binaries available in a couple of days, as well as make the repository buildable as-is.
But next week will be busy moving to a new house, so no idea how much time I will have.

I'm trying to keep how it uses interpreters as flexible as possible, but I test things mostly for the workflow I need. So feel free to drop by and open some issues with suggestions. :)

--
Rui Figueira

Quote from: RuiFig on Feb 27, 2015, 04:52 PMI'm afraid you can't even build it a the moment, since it needs another repository which is private.
I'll probably make binaries available in a couple of days, as well as make the repository buildable as-is.
But next week will be busy moving to a new house, so no idea how much time I will have.

No problem ;)

Quote from: RuiFig on Feb 27, 2015, 04:52 PMI'm trying to keep how it uses interpreters as flexible as possible, but I test things mostly for the workflow I need. So feel free to drop by and open some issues with suggestions. :)

As soon as we can compile it I'm sure we'll do :)

Sebastian

*VC:MP Script Editor* :D

Looks good, btw ! ;)

RuiFig

Binaries available:
https://bitbucket.org/ruifig/g4devkit/downloads

The workflow is ok for my needs at the moment, but no idea how it fits for other people.

--
Rui Figueira

RuiFig

Quote from: S.L.C on Mar 28, 2015, 08:00 PMThanks for the Nutcracker binaries.

I'm writing some basic documentation. I guess the less obvious thing is how the workspace works.
It basically tracks folders and you need to click that "refresh" button to find new files in the tracked folders.
I'll explain the basics in the documentation.

Quote from: RuiFig on Mar 28, 2015, 08:52 PMIt basically tracks folders and you need to click that "refresh" button to find new files in the tracked folders.

Wouldn't something like QFileSystemWatcher help in that regard considering you're already using Qt.

EDIT: Nope Ignore that. I just noticed you are using wxWidgets. Don't know what lead me to think you're using Qt. But there's still a chance for that. Perhaps in later releases.

RuiFig

Quote from: S.L.C on Mar 28, 2015, 08:55 PMPerhaps in later releases.

There is always something else to improve. :)
I'm sure I could spend countless days on extra stuff, but at this point it's enough for my needs, and I need to move back to my main project.
If there is interest in the project, I'm sure I'll find the time for some improvements, but meanwhile whatever I do is going to be small things I might need.

--
Rui Figueira

Quote from: RuiFig on Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 AMThere is always something else to improve. :)

Obviously :D The IDE looks good as it is anyway. I'm sure it will improve over time.