Cloudwards hosting

Started by EK.IceFlake, Feb 19, 2017, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

SECURITY ISSUE RESOLVED
You can now freely apply for your own VCMP server hosting without any worries of security because we have fixed our security issues. All server files are now safely isolated from each other, so a server would not be able to access other servers' files. If you discover any issue, security-related or otherwise, feel free to open a support ticket at https://cloudwards.es/.

Regards,
Flake
Cloudwards founder

KAKAN

off-topic:-
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 20, 2017, 04:11 PMf you discover any issue, security-related or otherwise, feel free to open a support ticket at https://cloudwards.es/.
Like a hacker would ever say about it :x
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 20, 2017, 04:40 PMoff-topic:-
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 20, 2017, 04:11 PMf you discover any issue, security-related or otherwise, feel free to open a support ticket at https://cloudwards.es/.
A hacker? No.
Someone who accidentally stumbles upon an exploit, though? Probably.

KAKAN

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 20, 2017, 04:42 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 20, 2017, 04:40 PMoff-topic:-
A hacker? No.
Someone who accidentally stumbles upon an exploit, though? Probably.
neva, I'd still like to exploit it, but seeing the scripting skills of VCMP's nerds, I guess a hacker would still tell you about it lol
oh no

Diamond

I'm pleased to inform you that we've released a new hosting location. Now you may choose USA as a hosting location for your gaming servers. We will soon release more hosting locations.

• Germany - Expected start of March
  • India (Mumbai/Delhi - Expected mid of March
  • Singapore - Expected start of April
New hosting locations will be available for choice in the VC:MP application which will be frequently updated with new hosting location options. Our France hosting location is the most powerful so we prefer you to choose it, but our other hosting locations will still provide a good standard of gaming.

A message to clients: You may create a support ticket using the "Support" page located in the Navigation bar to request a change of host location.

It's our pleasure to serve you.

Thijn

I'm interested in the servers you're using. Can you post some specs?

4K.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 20, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 20, 2017, 11:35 AMI wonder how else we somehow managed to detect a very dangerous exploit.

When you find a bug in your own software that isn't used by more than 1 guy (meaning there's no other guy to do any harm) you don't go out and brag about it. Because that's equivalent to saying "Don't use our services if you value your safety.".

I know that you're trying to look professional and what not. But you ended up being the opposite of professional. Serious service providers try their best to not let other people know their stuff is vulnerable.

Because where there's a vulnerability there's bound be more. And you just made an open invitation for others to look for them.
own software?
We're using Open Game Panel.

Thijn

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 24, 2017, 04:53 AM
Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 20, 2017, 11:35 AMI wonder how else we somehow managed to detect a very dangerous exploit.

When you find a bug in your own software that isn't used by more than 1 guy (meaning there's no other guy to do any harm) you don't go out and brag about it. Because that's equivalent to saying "Don't use our services if you value your safety.".

I know that you're trying to look professional and what not. But you ended up being the opposite of professional. Serious service providers try their best to not let other people know their stuff is vulnerable.

Because where there's a vulnerability there's bound be more. And you just made an open invitation for others to look for them.
own software?
I bet the error was file permissions on the server itself, and had nothing to do with the panel.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 24, 2017, 07:48 AM

own software?
I bet the error was file permissions on the server itself, and had nothing to do with the panel.
The error was that Open Game Panel loves to start every server using the ogpbot user.

Diamond

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 24, 2017, 07:53 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Feb 24, 2017, 07:48 AM

own software?
The error was that Open Game Panel loves to start every server using the ogpbot user.
And ogpbot needs to be a sudo user and when server runs on a sudo user....
I dont need to explain more of common sense.

Diamond

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm pleased to inform you that we've released new gaming servers:

• GTA III Liberty Unleashed
  • Counter Strike 1.6
You may apply for these in their respective boards. They are available on both current available hosting locations. Both games can be managed from our OGPanel Client Login page. We provide both Steam and Non Steam Counter Strike 1.6 game servers which you can select within the format.

These servers have been added based on user requests, we can release more game servers according to your suggestions and requests, you may request/suggest games in our Suggestions board. We plan to release support for more games so stay up to date on our News board for the new releases.

It's our pleasure to serve you.

EK.IceFlake

ANNOUNCEMENT
Our forum has now been moved to https://forum.cloudwards.es/. We apologize for all inconveniences caused by this.

Regards,
Flake
Cloudwards CEO

4K.

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Feb 27, 2017, 02:11 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT
Our forum has now been moved to https://forum.cloudwards.es/. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Regards,
Flake
Cloudwards CEO

And to add to that https://cloudwards.es is now our new main homepage, and you can navigate to the forums from the navigation bar.

Xmair

Do the counter strike servers include AMX Mod X?

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD