SkyNet MultiModes

Started by vito, Feb 24, 2017, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vito

I think multimode is a good idea (and fresh for vc-mp).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5nZCt05UVU#

@Luis_Labarca cool server

Cool

@vito if you made an multimode server result will be 0 players in your server :)

vito

Quote from: happymint2 on Feb 24, 2017, 10:39 AM@vito if you made an multimode server result will be 0 players in your server :)
I will test it. But why you think so?

Cool

Quote from: vito on Feb 24, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote from: happymint2 on Feb 24, 2017, 10:39 AM@vito if you made an multimode server result will be 0 players in your server :)
Because i am playing vcmp from 6 years and i know players hate multimode servers you can see lw have simple gamemode but players like and also because of doom_kill3r server his server was better than this skynet but player count 0

vito

Quote from: happymint2 on Feb 24, 2017, 11:02 AM
Quote from: vito on Feb 24, 2017, 10:55 AM
Because i am playing vcmp from 6 years and i know players hate multimode servers you can see lw have simple gamemode but players like and also because of doom_kill3r server his server was better than this skynet but player count 0
I got your point but I don't need LW-style players, I have NPC for that xD

Sebastian

A zombie gamemode without a destroyed city ... is not a zombie gamemode
But still, wish you the best ! I like how you are using the GUI.

DizzasTeR

Yet another person who did efforts to bring something unique ( There have been only 2 multigamemode servers in vcmp history so yeah counts as unique here ) but sadly I've mentioned it several times already, the player count won't rise.

KAKAN

I really like the GUI and stuff done there.
Great work, @Luis_Labarca :)
oh no

vito

Yes, GUI there is looks modern and minimalistic I ever seen in vc-mp.

Darran

it's not create lag if 30 players there?

vito

Quote from: MaiYan on Feb 24, 2017, 01:06 PMit's not create lag if 30 players there?
Why it should?

Eva

vito

note he is a first in vcmp who attached object to player's skin (in dff) for ctf/bomb

jWeb

Quote from: vito on Feb 24, 2017, 06:27 PMnote he is a first in vcmp who attached object to player's skin (in dff) for ctf/bomb

That kinda implies modifying all skins to include a flag, no, two flags. So you now probably have 3 times more skins than usual. The ones without a flag, the ones with the red flag and the ones with the blue flags.

While this method is not very efficient in therms of resource usage. I must commend him on his effort because it's efficient and accurate in therms of latency. Since there's no built-in way of dong it.

Sebastian

I guess everything is ok, since he is using only one player model per team.

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 24, 2017, 07:04 PMSince there's no built-in way of dong it.

I've been suggesting such attaching functions since 0.3 ...