[Release] Bubble Chat

Started by Sebastian, Mar 08, 2017, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: kennedyarz on Mar 11, 2017, 01:45 PMThen I immediately return to the other window and I do not see the message in his head. The problem will be because a window is afk?

I tested the script only în windowed mode, but I will do a test later with it turned off.

Btw, Is the client-side script even loaded? 
You can check that by sending a message to the console when script loads.

kennedyarz

Quote from: sseebbyy on Mar 11, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote from: kennedyarz on Mar 11, 2017, 01:45 PMThen I immediately return to the other window and I do not see the message in his head. The problem will be because a window is afk?

I tested the script only în windowed mode, but I will do a test later with it turned off.

Btw, Is the client-side script even loaded? 
You can check that by sending a message to the console when script loads.

The truth is that I am currently testing on a blank server and it works perfect. But on the other I'm not doing anything wrong and it's not working. Anyway, I'm going to look deeper to see that it's wrong.

kennedyarz

Vortrex

Yeah, I had something similar in Liberty Unleashed. Any GUI element can be used (windows, images, etc)
http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1770.0.html

You can put clan logos above people's heads with it.

=RK=MarineForce

nICE Perfect Seby "Lucker
Try to UnderStand ME!

Mahmoud Tornado

can you make it like a something here like UpThen The Bank door you can see {Bank Door}
and it never del ? @Sebastian Thx :D

Sebastian

Quote from: Mahmoud Tornado on Aug 26, 2017, 05:43 PMcan you make it like a something here like UpThen The Bank door you can see {Bank Door}
and it never del ? @Sebastian Thx :D

Check your pm.

=RK=MarineForce

Try to UnderStand ME!

gtacheng

gtacheng

error invalid constant [StreamType.BubbleChat]

Sebastian

Some friend implemented this in a blank server and complained about lag.
Kept looking around to see why it doesn't lag for me though, and realized this:
Setting the font name of a label gives a small freeze moment too, while setting the flag GUI_FFLAG_OUTLINE has a huge impact which makes the game completely freeze for 1-2ms.
So, in order to get rid of this, comment the 2 lines like I did here:

in function ChatBubbleSetData( index, player, text )
// lbl.FontName = ChatBubble_Font;
// lbl.FontFlags = ChatBubble_Flag;

Also, for a better gameplay, I recommend setting the font size like this: ( val 40 instead of 27 )
lbl.FontSize = ( sY / 40 );

PS: Though, there are some settings we can do to have the full text of a player, wrapped around, to appear next to the player.
This way, we don't need to cut the text anymore. Unfortunately, I'm not yet aware of how things work; maybe will take a look at some point.