[SNIPPED] Client Menu Selection Of Weapons.

Started by kennedyarz, Apr 11, 2017, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennedyarz

Hey Guys. I have made a system for the Player to give spawm a menu of weapons appear on your screen and you can select the desired ones

Step 1)
In scripts/main.nut  add This
Example:

function onPlayerSpawn( player )
{
    Stream.StartWrite()
Stream.WriteInt(1)
Stream.SendStream(player)
NewTimer( "CloseMenuWeps", 5000, 1, player.ID );
}

function CloseMenuWeps( player )
{
local p = FindPlayer( player )
Stream.StartWrite()
Stream.WriteInt(2)
Stream.SendStream(p)
}

//============================== C L I E N T  S I D E  D A T A ==============================================//
function onClientScriptData(player)
{
local string = Stream.ReadString(), int = Stream.ReadInt();
    if(string == "set1")
{
    player.SetWeapon(21 ,999)
player.SetWeapon(26 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#1",player)
}
else if (string == "set2")
{
player.SetWeapon(27 ,999)
player.SetWeapon(12 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#2",player)
}
else if (string == "set3")
{
    player.SetWeapon(20 ,999)
player.SetWeapon(12 ,20)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#3",player)
}
else if (string == "set4")
{
player.SetWeapon(29 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#4",player)
}
else if (string == "set5")
{
    player.SetWeapon(19 ,999)
player.SetWeapon(32 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#5",player)
}
else if (string == "set6")
{
player.SetWeapon(28 ,999)
player.SetWeapon(15 ,20)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#6",player)
}
else if (string == "set7")
{
player.SetWeapon(30,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#7",player)
}
else if (string == "set8")
{
player.SetWeapon(13 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#8",player)
}
else if (string == "set9")
{
player.SetWeapon(31 ,999)
MessagePlayer("[#FF1111][SET] [#FFFFFF]You received the set number [#FF1111]#9",player)
}
}

Step 2 ) Download main.nut and paster in store/script
http://files.thijn.ovh/download/ea5acd192ff303eb66c1eec5b0f817e8/main.nut]

ScreenShots

DizzasTeR

KAKAN

I've seen Lucky making a similar script( GUI is different, not same. ) and giving it to me :P
Anyway, it seems more like a bad copy paste of Doom's server :D
oh no

kennedyarz

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 11, 2017, 04:30 PMUff... looks known to me.

nah @Doom_Kill3R , I did that right now
Also, you know that I can not see the client side of you

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 11, 2017, 04:33 PMI've seen Lucky making a similar script( GUI is different, not same. ) and giving it to me :P
Anyway, it seems more like a bad copy paste of Doom's server :D

I have time using the client side. Nothing to do with Copy paste

vito

OMG someone copied idea to use GUI for weapon menu copyright copyright copyright.
Good job.

kennedyarz

Quote from: vito on Apr 11, 2017, 04:43 PMOMG someone copied idea to use GUI for weapon menu copyright copyright copyright.
Good job.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha Cuak

EK.IceFlake

This set based system is incredibly ridiculous. Why not simply allow the user to chose their own combination, or are you that lazy that you can't make such a system?

kennedyarz

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Apr 11, 2017, 05:02 PMThis set based system is incredibly ridiculous. Why not simply allow the user to chose their own combination, or are you that lazy that you can't make such a system?

I can do it, but I do not want to, if you want to do it, I'm busy

Look at these butt-hurt nabs b!tching about copyright. All this time playing a pirated game most likely on a pirated Windows. And using or sharing models and objects ripped from games or from different authors without authorization and sometimes not even giving credits. Anyone seeing the irony here?

Apparently you people don't have the brains to understand that some things can only be done one way. I don't think anyone literally copied and pasted your code and said "here, take it. i made it.".

Just how different did you expect someone to implement a menu for weapons? Seriously, what would qualify as not infringing your master piece?

By your logic, BMW should not be using wheels on their cars because Mercedes already does it. And Mercedes should sue BMW for using wheels on their cars.

Dafuq is wrong with you people :-\ Grow up.

vito

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Apr 11, 2017, 05:02 PMThis set based system is incredibly ridiculous. Why not simply allow the user to chose their own combination, or are you that lazy that you can't make such a system?
Usually it's used for the weapon balance.
Quote from: happymint on Apr 11, 2017, 05:34 PMLook at these butt-hurt nabs b!tching about copyright. 
Since no copyright system in vc-mp (or maybe for developers and their friends only, dunno) everyone have to protect his stuff as he can. And actually it's better than copyright because copyright will kill any new servers via nepotism (social connection with devs in so-called community)

kennedyarz

Quote from: happymint on Apr 11, 2017, 05:34 PMLook at these butt-hurt nabs b!tching about copyright. All this time playing a pirated game most likely on a pirated Windows. And using or sharing models and objects ripped from games or from different authors without authorization and sometimes not even giving credits. Anyone seeing the irony here?

Apparently you people don't have the brains to understand that some things can only be done one way. I don't think anyone literally copied and pasted your code and said "here, take it. i made it.".

Just how different did you expect someone to implement a menu for weapons? Seriously, what would qualify as not infringing your master piece?

By your logic, BMW should not be using wheels on their cars because Mercedes already does it. And Mercedes should sue BMW for using wheels on their cars.

means. If a server uses a script method then I can not do one like that? Or should I give credits to anyone who never helped me to do the job? What does SLC talk about?

kennedyarz

Quote from: kennedyarz on Apr 11, 2017, 05:50 PM
Quote from: happymint on Apr 11, 2017, 05:34 PMLook at these butt-hurt nabs b!tching about copyright. All this time playing a pirated game most likely on a pirated Windows. And using or sharing models and objects ripped from games or from different authors without authorization and sometimes not even giving credits. Anyone seeing the irony here?

If a server uses a script method then I can not do one like that? Or should I give credits to anyone who never helped me to do the job? What does SLC talk about?  IT'S NOT LIKE LOL

DizzasTeR

There are shitload of ways and concepts to achieve something like, considering the gui concept MK's capture the flag uses is also a logical example of achieving something for a weapons shop. Secondly the whole thing is based on sets concept which makes it quickly remind your brain that the thing makes no sense for something like buy weapon menu. Like already said by people why not just give complete freedom of choice there.

Even the double-layered gui is a bad try. Nobody here said to sue him and nobody was serious anyway but the fact that he literally could've done alot better than doing something like that which doesn't do or look any good. Your example with the car tires was totally upside-down to the main topic. :D

I don't know about you people. But as long as it's not for profit, I actually want people to copy my stuff. Why? Because if they come with something new, then they can't say anything about me copying their feature. It's like innovating in parallel and at the same time, motivating me to do even better.

And no. The car example was very fitting. Exaggeration is only meant to make things obvious.

kennedyarz

Quote from: happymint on Apr 11, 2017, 06:16 PMI don't know about you people. But as long as it's not for profit, I actually want people to copy my stuff. Why? Because if they come with something new, then they can't say anything about me copying their feature. It's like innovating in parallel and at the same time, motivating me to do even better.

And no. The car example was very fitting. Exaggeration is only meant to make things obvious.

ok........  Trump seize my screen
[spoiler][/spoiler]