Limit the total number of servers for maximum fun..

Started by ankuras143, Jun 01, 2017, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ankuras143

I have been playing VC:MP for many years now and have come up with an idea. How about only 3 or 4 servers which has maximum players shall only be the official servers to play in VC:MP? Now think about it for a minute. Servers like LW, VK, European and a couple of other servers only has players playing in them to be frank. Now we all  know that VC:MP doesn't have plenty of players like SA:MP to play with maximum participation but we still play it because we love to play it. Isn't it?

Instead of keeping all the servers which has 5 or 8 or 10 players in each of them, why don't we make only 3 or 4 servers official where every VC:MP players have to play. They still have choices among the most popular servers. This will make the city look active and it will be loads of fun. I personally feel that 4 servers are more than enough for all the players to accommodate in such a big city!

I want to take this topic to all the Admins and Developers who do all the hardworks to keep the game alive. I love this game like always and I love to be a part of this community. Please comment with your opinions about how you feel about this initiative. Thank you VC:MP gamers. :)

KAKAN

Either use cloudwards masterlist or read this:
http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=3444.new#new
This was discussed in a long topic in the off topic section, you may go and search for that as well.
oh no

krystianoo

only freedom capitalism free market

fuck fascism communism
nazism

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 01, 2017, 05:09 PMuse cloudwards masterlist
We rate servers on a basis of uniqueness and creativity, not player count. (We also have a policy similar to the official VCMP one where Cloudwards staff reserve the right to mark their servers as official.)

ankuras143

This is the reason this game is diminishing day by day and boring as hell. There are more number of servers than players. The servers which no one gives a shit always have 2 or 3 players waiting and hoping to get some more players to kick some a**. Instead if they join the Servers which are active, there will be 4 more players to the fun. Something is always better than nothing!

Do you know why people like SA:MP? Because they know that its a lot bigger city with many stuffs to do. So they join the servers which has the maximum players and the most popular servers are mostly full. I just wanted to give you guys and idea to save this game as the players are decreasing day by day. 7 of my friends have already quit and started playing MTA or SA:MP because they find nothing funny or interesting here to play. Do something before you lose the rest. I only want to save this game cuz its always been the best.

DizzasTeR

EK.IceFlake

Okay, I get you now. You want to have the master list allow only 4 or so servers and everyone else can't announce to it.
Let me tell you that this is not going to happen.

NewK

Quote from: ankuras143 on Jun 02, 2017, 12:06 PMI just wanted to give you guys and idea to save this game as the players are decreasing day by day.
Welp that's a load of crap. I've been playing this mod for nearly 10 years now, and since day 1 I've been hearing "VCMP is dying" on repeat year after year after year, truth is, we're still here.

And for all the inactive periods we get and for all the moaning about "devs are dead, vcmp is dead hurr durr.. bla blabla." we had, this is still the most active dev team VCMP's had so far. And it's not all about player count, player count will come eventually as new features are added, as those motivate server scripters to create something new and interesting and to call their friends to come check it out. If  we had done what you are suggesting in the past, the popular servers that you see today would not exist, because the popular servers today were not the popular servers 3 years ago for example. You do know that people eventually get tired of playing in the same servers, right?

So yeaaa, bad idea, no thanks.

EK.IceFlake

VCMP has 122 players at the moment (only counting servers on Cloudwards masterlist). Splitting them into four servers would result in 30 players in each server. VKs official server has the highest player count at the moment and it has 29 players. This is only 1 less than the number of players you'd have if you split them into 4 servers. You'll have just as much fun playing there as you would if the player base was split into 4 servers.