VC:MP starts Singleplayer

Started by RedSunMaster, Jun 25, 2017, 09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSunMaster

Hello.

when i connect to any server in the the server browser it starts up my vice city but then doesn't load the multiplayer. it starts up single player and i'm left in the menus.
Please Help.

I am using windows 10 and i have tested it out on other computers with windows 10 installed and i was able to connect.
i am on the most recent update of VC:MP and i have no mods installed in VC and all the directory's are correct in the settings menu in the server browser.

I would like to know if anyone had a fix for this.

Thanks

ysc3839

Are you using Steam Vice City?

RedSunMaster

Yes I am using steam vice city

Thijn

Quote from: MEGAMIND on Jun 25, 2017, 08:49 PMu can have this delete your steam version and download this instead and u will be able to play vcmp again
-- Link removed --
Pirated content is not allowed on this forum. One more time and you're banned.

NicusorN5

Quote from: Thijn on Jun 25, 2017, 09:01 PM
Quote from: MEGAMIND on Jun 25, 2017, 08:49 PMu can have this delete your steam version and download this instead and u will be able to play vcmp again
-- Link removed --
Pirated content is not allowed on this forum. One more time and you're banned.
:( I wanted to post pirated content.

ysc3839

Quote from: RedSunMaster on Jun 25, 2017, 06:57 PMYes I am using steam vice city
Go to Tools Settings, replace 'gta-vc.exe' with 'testapp.exe' in GTA:VC Directory. Then try again.
Maybe you should try my VCMP browser, which uses a different way to launch Steam Vice City.

RedSunMaster

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 26, 2017, 11:39 AM
Quote from: RedSunMaster on Jun 25, 2017, 06:57 PMYes I am using steam vice city
Go to Tools Settings, replace 'gta-vc.exe' with 'testapp.exe' in GTA:VC Directory. Then try again.
Maybe you should try my VCMP browser, which uses a different way to launch Steam Vice City.
Thanks i'll try that and see if it works

RedSunMaster

I have tried changing it to testapp.exe but i still loads sinlgeplayer. i tried on different servers but each time it just loaded the menu for singleplayer

ysc3839

Quote from: RedSunMaster on Jun 27, 2017, 05:08 AM
I have tried changing it to testapp.exe but i still loads sinlgeplayer. i tried on different servers but each time it just loaded the menu for singleplayer
Try run VCMPBrowser as administrator.

Soul477

QuoteTry run VCMPBrowser as administrator.

That doesn't work either

Radon

Try a different exe of gtavc. I won't give because MEGA got already warned for that. Incase if that doesn't work, there might be something from your OS. Or re-install VCMP.

A question: Is allowed sharing a different-ported gtavc for different CPUs but those machines doesn't have a CD-ROM? Like porting a fully-working GTAVC.exe to ARM? Since they may not come with CD-ROMs and neither virtual-CD working becuase there may not be CD tool software for Windows ARM-based processors. Like Surface RTs or something.

Radon

Still waiting for a answer to my reply...
If someone cares or understood whatever I asked...