An issue with audio

Started by D4rkR420R, Sep 23, 2017, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4rkR420R

Hello community members! I hope you had a great day ;D So, let's get started. I'd like to mention that I been trying to modify my weapon sounds with 2 .wav files. I used Far Cry's Weapon mod method to replace the sounds with the new ones. However, once I tried it in-game, the sound was noiseless. Therefore, it lead me up to audio bit rate problems or could be the file size? Here's the details about the file.

As you can see, the bit rate is known to 705kbps. Before, it used to be around 1141 kbps so I converted it to mono & edited the bit rate to 41.1Hz. In conclusion, none of my attempts to fix it worked. Could somebody explain to me the fundamentals for replacing weapon sounds?

D4rkR420R

Bump. Remaining aware of this topic.

NicusorN5

When I tried adding new weapons sounds, the client is kicked , cuz it cant read the file, i tried both mono and stereo channels. @Maxorator , Fix your shitty MVL.

Xmair

Try using an older version of 7z, trust me, it really works.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

D4rkR420R

Quote from: NicusorN5 on Sep 30, 2017, 06:31 PMWhen I tried adding new weapons sounds, the client is kicked , cuz it cant read the file, i tried both mono and stereo channels. @Maxorator , Fix your shitty MVL.
Quote from: Xmair on Oct 01, 2017, 05:27 AMTry using an older version of 7z, trust me, it really works.

Guy's, I don't mean from custom weapons. I'm talking about this sfx.SDT. I'm interested in changing my shotgun sound effects with replacing the ones that, as you can see, in the picture above.

KAKAN

If it's normal VC you're trying to edit, try this SFX Manager
oh no

D4rkR420R

Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 01, 2017, 03:15 PMIf it's normal VC you're trying to edit, try this SFX Manager

The duration is not existing? Why?

KAKAN

Quote from: KuRiMi on Oct 01, 2017, 05:40 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Oct 01, 2017, 03:15 PMIf it's normal VC you're trying to edit, try this SFX Manager

The duration is not existing? Why?
It was just a suggestion, it works for me. But honestly, I've no idea how it works
oh no

D4rkR420R

Any other suggestions from other community members?

PunkNoodle

Read this, I'm sure it can help you https://www.gtamodding.com/wiki/SFX
characteristics of the audio formats are mentioned there.