mpsvrrel64 error!

Started by Drake, Apr 25, 2015, 11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake

When I try to run 64bit of the server in linux then I get this error :
./mpsvrrel64: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./mpsvrrel64)

32bit of the server works fine.

Similar issue can be found here.

Drake

I have Debian 64bit installed and not CentOS.

Might need a different solution!

Edit :

Tried this cmd as you said in that issue :
strings /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC
Output:
GLIBC_2.2.5
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_2.4
GLIBC_2.5
GLIBC_2.6
GLIBC_2.7
GLIBC_2.8
GLIBC_2.9
GLIBC_2.10
GLIBC_2.11
GLIBC_2.12
GLIBC_2.13
GLIBC_PRIVATE
GNU C Library (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u8) stable release version 2.13, by Roland McGrath et al.

Drake

Hmm... sometimes these OS templates are very outdated and in some cases are extremely outdated. Could you run something like:
apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get clean

Drake

Ran all of that.
Nothing updated.
Everything is up-to-date.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
I use Webmin so its very easy to update things and so everything is up-to-date.

You just need to update the glibc version on your system. Searching for similar issues on Debian it turns out that the glibc version that comes by default is a bit outdated. Turns out there's multiple solutions/ideas (link, link, link) to solve this. Basically, you'll need the glibc from the experimental branches.

Drake

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 25, 2015, 12:25 PMYou just need to update the glibc version on your system. Searching for similar issues on Debian it turns out that the glibc version that comes by default is a bit outdated. Turns out there's multiple solutions/ideas (link, link, link) to solve this. Basically, you'll need the glibc from the experimental branches.

It would be better if the developers fix this issue as not much people will be able to solve this kind of issue with all these commands.
I wonder if it can be fixed or not.

I remember using the old 64bit server, i think 3month ago.
It worked without any issue.

@S.L.C are those commands safe?

If not then instead I will use 32bit version rather than using those commands until this gets fixed in the upcoming updates.

Quote from: Drake on Apr 25, 2015, 12:34 PMIf not then instead I will use 32bit version rather than using those commands until this gets fixed in the upcoming updates.

Does your VPS have more than 4Gb or RAM? If not, then you should just use x32 bit. I see no reason for x64 unless your VPS has RAM that you cannot address with an x32 bit OS.

Drake

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 25, 2015, 12:40 PMDoes your VPS have more than 4Gb or RAM? If not, then you should just use x32 bit. I see no reason for x64 unless your VPS has RAM that you cannot address with an x32 bit OS.

Yea I know that its useless.
My VPS has only 2GB RAM in it.
Just asked because I cant figure it out why the problem was occuring.

I would rather use 32bit then.
Thank You.

Drake

Well now I am getting another error in mysql plugin which happens to be same error as the above one :

Plugin error >> dlopen() 'plugins/mysql04rel32.so' failed: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by plugins/mysql04rel32.so)
Failed to load plugin: mysql04rel32

Look at the links I gave you. Basically that means that the plugin was compiled with a fairly recent version of GCC, most likely from the experimental branches. Therefore, you must also google and find out how to install glibc from the experimental branches. But pay close attention.

Make sure that you create a different user for that or make a script that sets up an environment variable that makes the plugin to use the updated glibc instead of the old one. You can also make the new one the default choice but then some programs that use the old version will fail and so on. But then the server would be forced to use the new one. Now you see the mess here?

Anyway, I'm surprised by this screw up as well. Seems that the mysql plugin was compiled with an experimental compiler even thought it didn't had to. The code in those plugins isn't quite experimental to be necessary to use a recent compiler. Just wait until the devs see this and probably recompile the plugins. And do it properly this time.

The problem is that many people provide these binaries. And that's why you get these inconsistencies.

Drake

I probably should not mess with it!
A single mistake can lead to death of my VPS :P 

Personally I dont use MySQL but there are many people who do use it.
It should be fixed by the devs ASAP.
Thank You again SLC.

Here's one more suggestion if you'd like. Compile the plugin your self.

Install the compiler:
apt-get install build-essentialInstall the MySQL development stuff:
apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev libmysqld-dev
Get the plugin source. Enter the directory of the plugin and issue a make command:
make
I haven't tried to compile the plugin my self. But I'll probably look at it later on just to be sure.