[0.4] Personal project - Zombie server

Started by Shadow, Apr 26, 2015, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

What is this?

This is a personal project of mine which implies downloading a module and running it with GTA-VC (it'll be loaded by default, few configuration required) which allows for interesting game extensions which I'll present below.

What features does it have?

• Server features
  • Client features (extended from VCMP)

Server features consist of a great map which contributes to the emotion and the feeling, with well choosen objects at the right places, a loot-drop system which consists of spawned weapons/items (such as gas cans, painkillers) around the map with certain odds, random bullet amount and stacking system and a vehicle energy-system which only consumes energy while the engine is running (so you'll have to stop the engine if you want it to not consume energy).

Client features consist of zombies which are server-controlled and other exciting stuff which I am still thinking of. I'll drop a video below so you can see exactly what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WVPB7LPdjM#ws

There will be more zombie skins added and more features which I'll add whenever I have time to. Zombie models are not replaced in the gta3.img file, they are loaded in memory by the module so you don't need to worry about that.
NOTE: The server and the module is not finished yet, I am still working on it and will try to make it available as soon as possible. This project is not open-source and will never be released as open-source. This is only a teaser.

QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

DizzasTeR

Dayz, welcome to vice city.

I would like to see this having more dayz kind of stuff.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Shadow on Apr 26, 2015, 11:42 AMNOTE: This project is not open-source and will never be released as open-source. This is only a teaser.
Then you have no right to post this topic here.

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Apr 26, 2015, 12:09 PMThen you have no right to post this topic here.

Quick question: How many servers in this section release their source code?

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 26, 2015, 12:17 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Apr 26, 2015, 12:09 PMThen you have no right to post this topic here.

Quick question: How many servers in this section release their source code?
I meant for the client module.

Shadow

If you are so curious about the safety of having it run, here's a virustotal analysis: https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/2658de8633de784a7a046dc23f9cb8eaad8ff9a0928bb4c897e4c83ce3cf1831/analysis/1430057847/

If you don't trust that, why would you trust running a VCMP server at first?

Shadow

More like a client-side spoil but whatever, it's meant for a server, isn't it ::)

Nemesis masterrace!

Sebastian

That Nemesis must be a boss that appears only at an interval of 60mins, or something like that. :D

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Apr 26, 2015, 12:09 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Apr 26, 2015, 11:42 AMNOTE: This project is not open-source and will never be released as open-source. This is only a teaser.
Then you have no right to post this topic here.

The VC:MP client and server aren't open source either. ;)

Shadow

I must thank @sseebbyy for contributing so much to the map and in other ways, more or less crucial for this mod. Now I'll have to get down to the finishing touches to the module :)

Shadow

Changelog 1.1:

• Random spawns
    • Added random player spawns with random skins (from an array of skins)
  • Accounts
    • Added the account system from the Starfish Gangwar server
    • Server saves last position, last weapons, last skin and a tiny inventory
  • Vehicles
    • Added a vehicle spawn system which keeps spawned vehicles proportional to playercount
    • Vehicles spawn with random fuel, random health and random colours, they even have a chance of not spawning
    • Rare vehicles (most useful, fast cars/cars with perks) have a lower chance of spawning
  • General fixes
    • Fixed few issues with ped AI
    • Fixed issues with the script and the server behaviour
    • Fixed a bug where you could start/stop the car's engine as a passenger
    • Fixed an issue where a hit from a ped would cause the camera to switch to classic controls type
    • Recoded a big part of the DFF loader

Shadow

Nothing much, just updated to the latest client version.. Development is being slowed down by my lack of free time.

information* xD

Changelog:

• Vehicle-related
    • Added a new inventory item - engine repairing kit. It can replenish a vehicle's HP to a given amount
    • Added a new inventory item - flat tyres fix kit. It can make your car's wheels as good as new!

CoLa_z0r

This will certainly become my favorite server if it becomes available. Keep up the fantastic work shadowz0r

Shadow

Last update brought some changes that made development extremely difficult. Will provide feedback after I find a solution to bypass VCMP's checks.

Hanney

I am very interested in this I'll probably drop onto this once its publically released and give it a whirl and maybe stay longer. :P

Are the zombies only spawning in a radius near the player or are they always there across the whole map?

I hope it will be like DayZ:

quick dayz style wishlist:

- hunger, thirst and fatigue system
- custom melee weapons
- basebuilding

- hopefully a GUI inventory menu in future when vcmp gets that kind of support for management of items and weapons

- maybe slow down the player movement speed a tiny bit? or atleast add stamina of some sort dependant on hunger/thirst where player will get tired.

- radio items to allow players to communicate ingame with other players who have radios.

- force disable nametags and blips (obviously dependant on if the server is very active with players)

- Airdrops: plane spawns in the sky (above land) at random times and random places of the map, and flys straight from x to y and spawns another object below it such as a crate which slowly descends from the sky and lands on the ground which contains resources. Player must stand next to the crate for a set period of time e.g 30 seconds without moving to collect it successfully. All players are alerted of the airdrop on the map by a blip and can choose risking to go to the area for the resources and risk having to battle other players and die/lose items if they so desire.

- addition of map objects e.g burned out cars, military barricades, crates with a random item in them, ladders/stairs to many roofs as I doubt helicopters will be a major part of this mod.

If you wanted to go really farther in depth. There could be resource collection, e.g the ability to chop trees down for wood. Wood could be used to craft items - shelter, a campfire, a weapon. Maybe would be possible to have a custom "axe" weapon which could be used to chop individual trees by standing next to it and the use of a command/keybind. Once the tree health is depleted the "hide object" command could be used for that specific model which would delete it for a limited period of time before releasing and bringing it back. but I'm not a scripter just an ideas guy so in reality I have no idea how it would work out.

- Looting other player corpses for resources, weapons and perhaps even cannibalism chopping up meat. Would tie into the campfire idea above where meat would be cooked ^

- bleeding damage? dunno if thats possible, e.g player gets shot and health slowly decreases over time and maybe even leave the small blood trails aswell if that would be possible. must patch up wounds with an item to stop bleeding effect or else player will keep on losing blood/hp until the screen has a drunk effect and then death at 0.

- distance based VoiP support, more of a vc-mp function itself but dunno if it can be implemented.